Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Russia supposed to have over 1 million troops, how come only 150k turned up to the meat grinder?
there's no way Russia has 1 million troops with their budget.

everyone with satellites must know how weak Russia really is the whole time, but it's nice to have a big bad enemy for the USA to keep it's ridiculous military spending I guess

Soldato
I would hope they were a bit more complicated than "shove a bunch of fissile material together quickly"

Why would you have to do that? The package is already sat there, completed and in a warhead. You'd just have to find a way to remove it from that warhead and place it in another, and nuclear weapons engineers are pretty intelligent people when it comes to that sort of problem solving.

Caporegime
Russia supposed to have over 1 million troops, how come only 150k turned up to the meat grinder?

There are around 900,000 currently active armed services personnel, but that includes air force, and navy, and also includes logistical supply personell, and medics cooks etc.

Russia does also have around 2 million reserve ground troops who have all served at least one year in the past five.

And around 20 million others that can be called up who served over 5 years ago.

Why would you have to do that? The package is already sat there, completed and in a warhead. You'd just have to find a way to remove it from that warhead and place it in another, and nuclear weapons engineers are pretty intelligent people when it comes to that sort of problem solving.

At its most basic level then sure, and as Rroff says the older stuff was far less protected than newer stuff.
Its always easier to reverse engineer than to first engineer, but even then there are risks.

What everyone was most worried about at the time was them falling into disrepair and into bad hands.
It happened to many ex soviet assets. I remember reading about someone visiting an ex USSR navy yard (not sure where now) and being able to go straight into a nuclear sub. At lot of their stuff was literally rotting away and some was finding its hand into bad hands as people were not getting paid.
People were most worried about the threat of the time, other states that would have been happy to use them as simple dirty bombs.

Caporegime
You can't know that for sure. Besides, Ukraine didn't have a nuclear programme when they gave them back.

Ok lets reword it slightly.

If, however it was gained, Ukraine had a nuclear deterrent, Putin would never have invaded.

As mad as people think he is, he is not that far gone.

In the same respect, he will NEVER directly attack a NATO member.

Soldato
Well he seems to be doing some pretty unthinkable things at the moment. I don't think a normal human being would be doing them. One has to consider the Russian soldiers 'just following orders' killing innocent civilians in this situation is mass murder.

Not the acts of rational human beings. More those of a madman.

Soldato
In the same respect, he will NEVER directly attack a NATO member.

If we believe Putin isn't ready to end the world, we should get more involved.

The primary reason not to to do so seems to be fear of Putin launching nukes. If we don't think he would attack a NATO country, then we shouldn't think he is ready to end the world.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If we believe Putin isn't ready to end the world, we should get more involved.

The primary reason not to to do so seems to be fear of Putin launching nukes. If we don't think he would attack a NATO country, then we should think he is ready to end the world.
living in a bunker must be a nightmare for anyone whos super rich or powerful.

I doubt he would do it, It's like going to prison for them surely, even if they run the joint... ruling the ocean to ruling a puddle

Soldato
You can't say what the mad **** is going to do. He's already used nerve agent on UK soil, murdering an innocent UK citizen in the process and ruining the lives of others.

I predict many poisonings happeing in the next few years, especially Ukraine MP`s or people close to them such as family.

Caporegime
Well he seems to be doing some pretty unthinkable things at the moment. I don't think a normal human being would be doing them. One has to consider the Russian soldiers 'just following orders' killing innocent civilians in this situation is mass murder.

Not the acts of rational human beings. More those of a madman.

So Churchill was a madman?

British troops, Air force pilots and crew were murderers for following his orders?

Crew of Enola Gay were murderers, not people who indirectly saved millions of lives?

This is war, rationales and reasoning take a back seat when trying to save lives, and protect your country.

No i am not a Putin supporter, yes i think he is doing everything wrong, and should never have invaded a sovereign independent nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom