Halo (TV Series)

Soldato
Went into the show with zero expectations and probably thinking its going to be awful, but I really liked it
Not sure I'll be winning any father of the year awards, its pretty gory with people getting their limbs blown off and my 11 y/o sitting next to me.

Associate
Really enjoyed it. Suprised they went with so much gory at the start, but that's what made it so enjoyable with some great use of the weapons and armor from the game etc.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Its OK had a bit of a starship troopers feel to it. But I am getting really really bored with magical bullets that hit nothing.

Caporegime
I watched 10-20mins, saw the CGI was like saturday morning 90s bad and turned it off

I think even the early seasons of SG1 has better effects

Caporegime
The CGI was a little bit dodgy in places during the attack but improved noticeably towards the end of the episode.

When are new episodes released? Fridays?

Caporegime
Thought episode 2 was better, you can tell they've really done their research into the existing Halo lore. The ass shot was a little gratuitous and unnecessary though. Thought the Elite CGI in the scene with the prophets looked a lot better than in the battle scenes in episode 1.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I have absolutely no knowledge of the lore nor have I played the game. So quite intrigued how this unfolds. Not quite Space Marines (Emperor Protects) but it will do. :D

Also didn't notice MC actor (Pablo Schreiber) is brother to Ray Donovan (Liev Schreiber).

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thought episode 2 was better, you can tell they've really done their research into the existing Halo lore. The ass shot was a little gratuitous and unnecessary though. Thought the Elite CGI in the scene with the prophets looked a lot better than in the battle scenes in episode 1.

didn't look at the game, didn;t talk about the game, so much research :cry:

Caporegime

The game and the lore could be considered 2 different things, they can only put so much of the lore into it via cutscenes before people get bored and start skipping through them. So quite a lot of it is left for books etc. The game is 99% shooting things after all so it's not like it offers them much insight outside of the backstory etc.

They're gonna learn a lot more about halo reading the books and novels there are that delve into the story than playing the game.

Last edited:
Caporegime
games still came first and most people who played the halo series likely never read the books, to just ignore the games seems like a mistake imo

Caporegime
games still came first and most people who played the halo series likely never read the books, to just ignore the games seems like a mistake imo

A lot did however, that's where the bulk of the story is, in the books. The game is basically a cliff notes telling of the story as people want to play the game, not sit through hours and hours of expositional cut scenes. There's really no reason for them to look at the game at all, as it's not telling them or showing them anything that books on the game won't.

Caporegime

That quote is completely misquoted. What it refers to is a visit to the 343 studios offices and they didn't look at it then. This is why you don't believe everything on the internet.

Amazing they managed to put in the story of Soren-66 if they didn't do their research ;)

Back
Top Bottom