Halo (TV Series)

Soldato
It's like a curry house. You rate it depending on the quality of jalfrezi and lassi. Litmus test.

With any action tv series, it's the quality of explosions and fire effects. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, District 9/Elysium was what ended up coming out of the original Halo movie project. Not sure quite what happened; but it fell apart; sounds like Studios/Publishers/Microsoft couldn't agree on things.
Shame as it had Neil Blomkamp and Peter Jackson attached, and both have done some great work. Had a lot of potential; but this sort of thing happens a lot in Hollywood.

I suppose the plus side is the 10 year delay has allowed CGI to become more better and cheaper; to the point it is now possible for this sort of thing to get made into a (high budget) TV production.
Never realised that, I always wondered how they managed to rip off the arrays in Halo for that movie.

Associate
Well newsiest rumour is that Master Chief is just a side character in the show, i'm going to get ready to see the internet blow up if this is the case people losing there s**** will be more entertaining then the show most likely.

To be clear I expect the show to be garbage as its from Paramount for there streaming service if its good i'll be surprised ;)

Caporegime
I hadn't seen anything to suggest MC was the main character, he wasn't even in the first trailer?

Well you'd have to assume he (at least A main character) is given the main story of the games are about him. Yes you had other halo games focusing on other squads but Master Chief has always been the main character overall.

Last edited:
Caporegime
He'll be the side kick to a blue haired trans teen that unites us with the covenant then dissolves it from the inside through the powers of intersectional Marxism and critical thinking.

Associate
The main problem is its shouldn't be called Halo without MC it should be Called say Kia - A Halo Story or what ever the main character is called this is also what i think 343 should do is make smaller games with a title like that stopping people thinking the MC will be in it.

Soldato
First episode was OK. Not the best, but definitely not the worst of the recent sci-fi shows. Have to say though, I'm glad to see they kept the gore and didn't sanitise it in order to cater to US children. Some shoddy CGI moments though.

Back
Top Bottom