new Quest 2 competitor coming soon!!

Soldato
Through the lenses are far from perfect, so it might ahve been the camera, but it looked like quite a small sweet spot at times. Really nice looking though, wonder if it's standalone/wireless/cheap etc in terms of q2 competitor.

Soldato
i like MRTV but after his review of the reverb G2 and his lack of warning on the tracking (until after it launched and loads had issues with) and not to mention him getting a far bigger FOV than i have ever managed even after modding it...... I would need more confirmation about it.

(I do love my G2 btw)

i wonder if he has gotten hold of a dev copy of the new pimax hmd? mind you that surely wont be a quest rival - not on price at any rate!.

Soldato
the pico ive heard before, i kinda didnt think it would be that as i thought it was a knock off copy, (not sure if its been released yet)

Pico are releasing a new headset this week. MRTV said that the headset in the video would be announced this week. So, it's most likely whatever headset that Pico are releasing. Pico have 3 or 4 headsets out at the moment, mainly aimed at business. My guess it's going to be a consumer version of one of their business headsets at a slightly cheaper price.

Soldato
Soldato
this looks like an amazing vr headset. watch out oculus quest2 AND reverb G2.

https://youtu.be/J2cDj2Q3Wd4

it takes imatation being the best form of flattery to a new level. essentially it is a quest 2 in every way it seems except it has a proper DP on it which is far better than usb

Not sure I'd say amazing.

Seems to be matching the quest 2 for the most part, slightly worse refresh rate. I've read the battery is on the back? So I'm guessing it's not interchangeable headstraps. Only a 256gb option.

DP port is nice but I still prefer wireless.

Facebook Vs big Chinese social media...

It looks very much like a direct quest 2 competitor, but one that's releasing two years later when the market is more or less flooded, no price advantage to draw in punters either.

Competition is good, but I'd not be swapping my quest 2 for one.

Soldato
Not sure I'd say amazing.

Seems to be matching the quest 2 for the most part, slightly worse refresh rate. I've read the battery is on the back? So I'm guessing it's not interchangeable headstraps. Only a 256gb option.

DP port is nice but I still prefer wireless.

Facebook Vs big Chinese social media...

It looks very much like a direct quest 2 competitor, but one that's releasing two years later when the market is more or less flooded, no price advantage to draw in punters either.

Competition is good, but I'd not be swapping my quest 2 for one.

Its not even competition yet. They are only doing a trial run first to gauge interest. If the trial run is successful how long will it take them to ramp up production? 3 or 4 months?

It is an interesting device, I just think it's a little late to the market. Not too many Quest 2 Owners will switch. Anyone that hasn't bought a headset yet will surely keep waiting for what Valve, HTC, Meta and HP will bring to the table in the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom