World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Caporegime
Haha, yeah. I hear you like to do adult stuff, like chasin mommas ass’s :cry: :D
image.png

Soldato
Absolutely loving this monitor so far.

Forget the amazing colours... just dat pixel response alone :O it's near CRT-like, but with all the sharpness of modern resolutions. Also, the general input lag seems consistent with the best 240hz/360hz monitors too for twitch shooters. I'm finding it very difficult to fault!

Better still is that I'm coming from a 240hz 1080p monitor... and on my aging i7 + 1080ti that I'm using, the resolution of this is not really denting my fps on the games I mostly play (Fortnite and Rocket League). So, i don't even need to bother with a pc upgrade! :D getting 240fps solid on Rocket League and 120-160fps on Fortnite.

I was worried about the fan thing too, because I'm hyper sensitive to noise generally, but at least on my monitor I can't even hear it at all unless my ear is right above the centre of the monitor. The text issue that was talked about also seems completely fine for me too.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Absolutely loving this monitor so far.

Forget the amazing colours... just dat pixel response alone :O it's near CRT-like, but with all the sharpness of modern resolutions. Also, the general input lag seems consistent with the best 240hz/360hz monitors too for twitch shooters. I'm finding it very difficult to fault!

Better still is that I'm coming from a 240hz 1080p monitor... and on my aging i7 + 1080ti that I'm using, the resolution of this is not really denting my fps on the games I mostly play (Fortnite and Rocket League). So, i don't even need to bother with a pc upgrade! :D getting 240fps solid on Rocket League and 120-160fps on Fortnite.

I was worried about the fan thing too, because I'm hyper sensitive to noise generally, but at least on my monitor I can't even hear it at all unless my ear is right above the centre of the monitor. The text issue that was talked about also seems completely fine for me too.

Good stuff :) I've been saying (not just me) for years that OLEDs are beating the best LCD gaming monitors for that speed of response on the screen, going to see OLED become the next "upgrade" to get an advantage in your competitive gaming

Man of Honour
I said it before but we have now reached the level where CRTs were at their peak, but minus any of the downsides of CRT. It's taken time, and OLED monitor with great specs has been my dream for years.

L_D

L_D

Associate
I said it before but we have now reached the level where CRTs were at their peak, but minus any of the downsides of CRT. It's taken time, and OLED monitor with great specs has been my dream for years.
I sold my retro gaming CRT in light of this actually - I didn't use it much anyway. So will now use the AW3423DW. A 4:3 QD-OLED would be nice though :)

Associate
I think crt still did non native res render far better. Also I think we are still chasing that crt motion. I was very intrigued to see if 175 bfi had finally done it, shame there is no bfi.

Associate
Mine arrived despite UPS not updating the tracking from Friday. Box seal cut open my wife says, going to be fun if it's empty!

Anyone else had the same?
Mine also arrived last month with the original tape completely cut and some new brown parcel tape put on instead as if someone resealed it.

Mine was shipped through Syncreon/DHL instead, but they messed me around and took the parcel off the Van the day it was meant to be delivered, no one could give me a reason for why it got taken off. After receiving it I kind of assumed maybe it got taken off the Van because they noticed it had come unsealed and they re-sealed it.

Either way on opening it looked brand new. Everything in their respective seals. The screen seemed untouched and overall I've not had issues so far besides ones inherent to the panel (fan noise/vrr flicker/text).

Associate
I think crt still did non native res render far better. Also I think we are still chasing that crt motion. I was very intrigued to see if 175 bfi had finally done it, shame there is no bfi.
Played RE Village the other day at 120hz with BFI enabled on my LG C1 and motion clarity is on another level.
Brightness drop is too much tho so not something I would use a lot.
Shame this Dell doesn’t have that option as it has more brightness so it would definitely look better.

Associate
Played RE Village the other day at 120hz with BFI enabled on my LG C1 and motion clarity is on another level.
Brightness drop is too much tho so not something I would use a lot.
Shame this Dell doesn’t have that option as it has more brightness so it would definitely look better.
Yes, Would've been nice to have bfi on the AW with the higher brightness and hz (i game in the dark at low brightness).
Was looking at the 42c2 until I saw they dropped the bfi @ 120. Went for this screen, but still a while to wait.
I'm still hurting from the transition between crt and LCD :D Still chasing res scaling, motion clarity and although oled tech has hit and passed the crt black level (crt had a faint glow), it still doesn't look as natural as high end crt. Obviously everything else is better on the new tech :)

Back
Top Bottom