The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Don
Probably not. There are laws around holiday entitlement, even for footballers. I know it surprises some people but they are humans too.

Soldato
The way I see it is that he's given himself 6 extra weeks to settle in where he can spend looking at the facilities, the processes, the backroom staff and workings - whilst not having to tackle as much of the player issues as they will be away. Then when they come back he will have a better understanding of where he'd like to focus his energy, time and what he can delegate.

Caporegime
It's great that he has decided to come on board early and get a head start on things being done the way he wants them done behind the scenes rather than waiting until he gets back from holiday. Should mean we don't leave our transfer business until too late like we have done in recent years (fingers crossed)

Soldato
From what I have read, Man Utds training ground, facilities, stadium and other things are pretty crap. Eg falling apart at the seams so to speak. Considering this is one of the biggest clubs in world football, how could it let things get into a state like that? What will ETH think? Probably underwhelmed.

Caporegime
From what I have read, Man Utds training ground, facilities, stadium and other things are pretty crap. Eg falling apart at the seams so to speak. Considering this is one of the biggest clubs in world football, how could it let things get into a state like that? What will ETH think? Probably underwhelmed.

The training facilities are pretty good I think, most of the focus has been on expanding them to meet the requirements of both the ladies and men's team because it wasn't designed to be used by two squads. The stadium is showing it's age, it's just part and parcel of it being an older stadium and Glazers have neglected it. They are looking to develop it on recent news (and expand the seating) so it's progress on that front. That doesn't really have any impact on ETH though.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Considering this is one of the biggest clubs in world football, how could it let things get into a state like that? What will ETH think? Probably underwhelmed.

Money. The club has literally just put money towards things that keep up the outward appearance of an elite club. Stadium, facilities, staff quality etc are not things that people looking to buy a United shirt will care about.

Personally I think that hes getting in early so that he can change all the locks before the players get back from their holidays. "Sorry Maguire, you don't work here anymore"

fez

fez

Caporegime
The training facilities are pretty good I think, most of the focus has been on expanding them to meet the requirements of both the ladies and men's team because it wasn't designed to be used by two squads. The stadium is showing it's age, it's just part and parcel of it being an older stadium and Glazers have neglected it. They are looking to develop it on recent news (and expand the seating) so it's progress on that front. That doesn't really have any impact on ETH though.

Really, I had heard that the training facilities were pretty crap compared to the likes of Liverpool and City. The stadium is leaking and generally old and neglected and the Glazers have just been throwing out talk of rebuilding it to placate the fans (which seems to be working).

Caporegime
Not sure how you think it's working considering we've had protests every match for weeks. Is there anything to suggest it's just talk? They'll be judged by results as always so talking and then doing nothing will continue to result in hostility towards their ownership.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not sure how you think it's working considering we've had protests every match for weeks. Is there anything to suggest it's just talk? They'll be judged by results as always so talking and then doing nothing will continue to result in hostility towards their ownership.

Because in the wake of the ESL they promised fans greater say in running the club and have done basically nothing to that end. The stadium has been a mess for a long time and they haven't addresses it, why now? And our fans will probably protest in some capacity until we either get better as a club or the Glazers sell. Things always seem to come to a head with the fans and the owners and then the owners say something and it simmers down for a while until a new incident reminds them we are run by a bunch of money grabbing *****.

Caporegime
Because in the wake of the ESL they promised fans greater say in running the club and have done basically nothing to that end. The stadium has been a mess for a long time and they haven't addresses it, why now? And our fans will probably protest in some capacity until we either get better as a club or the Glazers sell. Things always seem to come to a head with the fans and the owners and then the owners say something and it simmers down for a while until a new incident reminds them we are run by a bunch of money grabbing *****.

Negotiations for the fan share scheme are ongoing between MUST and the club. They haven't done nothing. As I said, they'll be judged on actions. It appears that changes are being made (particularly in the club structure) so at least something is happening. Only time will tell what the result is.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Negotiations for the fan share scheme are ongoing between MUST and the club. They haven't done nothing. As I said, they'll be judged on actions. It appears that changes are being made (particularly in the club structure) so at least something is happening. Only time will tell what the result is.

Oh I agree that stuff is changing at United but I fundamentally have very little faith in the Glazers. I think that if they put the right people in the right place then the club will be fine again which lets be honest, isn't the hardest thing in the world for a business with Uniteds resources, appeal and position.

My opinion is that the Glazers will never give any power over to the fans beyond some symbolic crap that means nothing. Why would they?

fez

fez

Caporegime
No of course they will never given fans actual power, all they said is fans will have a voice in club decisions. They never said that voice had to be listened to.

Which is entirely pointless then and will do nothing for their PR if things don't turn around for the club. The best thing (and only thing) the Glazers can do to get the fans to shut up is to bring them on field success. Most fans are fickle so as long as they are seeing results on the field they won't care about anything else.

Caporegime
Really, I had heard that the training facilities were pretty crap compared to the likes of Liverpool and City. The stadium is leaking and generally old and neglected and the Glazers have just been throwing out talk of rebuilding it to placate the fans (which seems to be working).

Liverpool's training ground is brand new no?

Carrington is only 20 years old and had investment in 2013. It is still up there as one of the best.

The ground is where the money really needs to be spent and Chinese whispers leads to everything being dilapidated when it really isn't.

A quick google still ranks Carrington as the second best in the league?

Caporegime
Which is entirely pointless then and will do nothing for their PR if things don't turn around for the club. The best thing (and only thing) the Glazers can do to get the fans to shut up is to bring them on field success. Most fans are fickle so as long as they are seeing results on the field they won't care about anything else.

I think it's best to be realistic. I think asking for them to give fans genuine power is unrealistic. I still think having a fan presence on the board before decisions like the super league fiasco or any ground renaming/new logo etc that sort of decision is important. It might not have an impact but equally having the fan board presence register their opposition to a decision before it actually happens (unlike now where we just have to react to them) is a positive step.

But yeah obviously if we're doing well on the filed there is a section of a fanbase that will just ignore other problems if that is happening.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I think it's best to be realistic. I think asking for them to give fans genuine power is unrealistic. I still think having a fan presence on the board before decisions like the super league fiasco or any ground renaming/new logo etc that sort of decision is important. It might not have an impact but equally having the fan board presence register their opposition to a decision before it actually happens (unlike now where we just have to react to them) is a positive step.

But yeah obviously if we're doing well on the filed there is a section of a fanbase that will just ignore other problems if that is happening.

I think it depends. Ultimately if you have the right people on the side of the supporters then it will probably help the club. It would help their PR and probably help harmony between the fans. The Glazers are a parasite on the club so having people on the fan side with some responsibility might not be a bad thing for them.

You are right though, most companies don't want to be beholden to their customers whims for good reason. Lets be honest, plenty of fans supported Ole for 3 years so what do the fans know :p

Associate
Lets look on the positives....new incoming manager with new ideas, a man that supposedly has 'balls' and wont let the players have the power that they had.
Exciting times at the end of a terrible season.

Back
Top Bottom