The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
So… we’re not keeping Rangnick on for the side of things that he’d be good at? Sigh.

It’s supposedly a ‘Utd’ decision rather than a ETH one.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
It's a good thing. Whatever way you look at it, Rag was a failure. Shouldn't be rewarded with another 2 years at the club.

Caporegime
ETH should have no say on what happens above him. If Rangnick was to be a consultant to the director's then this is an unmitigated failure.

ETH was a failure as an interim but that was never the important role, he's primarily a DOF so getting rid of him because he failed at a completely different role would be peak Glazer incompetence.

Man of Honour
OP
When we appointed Rangnick, I was pleased because of his experience at a director level, not so much his coaching and management.

Depending on exactly what has happened, this isn't necessarily a great sign. Him taking the Austria job wasn't really ideal though, I wonder if this was decided some time ago.

Man of Honour
OP
Doesn’t bode well, bet eth will be gone by xmas

I don't think so, we don't know what's gone on. Rangnick effectively accepted another job a while ago now, and we have a football director etc already.

It's a curious situation but no reason for a panic.

Soldato
I don't think so, we don't know what's gone on. Rangnick effectively accepted another job a while ago now, and we have a football director etc already.

It's a curious situation but no reason for a panic.

Are you not at all concerned given the absolute atrocity that's been able to manifest itself inside United over the last 4-5 years?

Man of Honour
OP
Are you not at all concerned given the absolute atrocity that's been able to manifest itself inside United over the last 4-5 years?

I am always very concerned! :p

However, in this instance we don't really know what's gone on. Rangnick had already agreed to do another job for a start. His time here hasn't really gone well either.

As long as Ten Hag is given the appropriate support from Murtough/Arnold, it should be fine. If we end up with Declan Rice for £100m, alarm bells will be ringing.

Don
When Rangnick got the caretaker job I'm sure I said his stint as manager would be fascinating but the consultant/upstairs role was doomed to fail and it's of absolutely no surprise that he's gone before he's even started in the new role.

Man Utd have shown for the past 9 years that they're a club that makes short term decisions, not capable of making nor brave enough to stick to a long term plan. Rangnick was the hipsters choice 6 months ago (or however long it was) and they threw in the 2 year consultancy to make it look like they had a plan but it was just another quick fix appointment.
Hmm, as you say, hopefully this is ETHs choice rather than the club.
This would be worse than if it was the clubs call. At least if it's the clubs call you can hold onto the small chance that the club have now, after all those false dawns, decided on a long term strategy and that's without Ralf.

Caporegime
Surely it's another shambles if the main reason for Ragnick was him coming in and sorting everything as he was a football man etc.

Instead you ended up with a crap manager for a few months and had a crap season lol

Back
Top Bottom