Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Well that’s epic @Gibbo !

Went to drive mine for the first time in four months and noticed a horrid clunking sound coming from the rear left when I drove it out the garage.

OeHml5v.jpg

Not quite the stance I was looking for! Off to Zuffenhaus for a new pair of rear coil springs.

Soldato
Currently debating on whether to chop my 2019 E63S in for a Cayman 718 GT4. Looking at approved used ones that are 2 to 3 years old, the prices are crazy compared with configuring a new one. Used ones seem to be more expensive than buying new, it is because they arent building them currently due to parts shortages?

Need to decide on whether going from a fast German taxi to a nippy two seater will work out in the long run. Also noticed that a few of the GT4s listed on the Porsche approved used site have 2 year old cars with low mileage with 3 previous owners which I find a bit concerning

Soldato
The order book for GT4s has been closed for a number of weeks, though there was no suggestion from the OPCs that this was due to any shortage of parts -?

Doesn't seem to be affecting other 718 models, not that, that is a firm indicator re GT4s. I managed to get a GTS build slot (1of2) that will supposedly be delivered in Dec. However there didn't seem to be any knowledge of availability in 2023.

I'm quite looking forward to getting it as I still miss my old 981CS. I also felt I wasn't getting enough enjoyment out of my F90 M5, not without doing silly speeds anyway. Too risky these days.

OcUK Staff
OP
Currently debating on whether to chop my 2019 E63S in for a Cayman 718 GT4. Looking at approved used ones that are 2 to 3 years old, the prices are crazy compared with configuring a new one. Used ones seem to be more expensive than buying new, it is because they arent building them currently due to parts shortages?

Need to decide on whether going from a fast German taxi to a nippy two seater will work out in the long run. Also noticed that a few of the GT4s listed on the Porsche approved used site have 2 year old cars with low mileage with 3 previous owners which I find a bit concerning

The GT4 is essentially EOL now, the GT4 RS was the last ICE Cayman from Porsche. The next Cayman will be EV / Hybrid, no more ICE.
Porsche GT cars always tend to cost more used than new until several years old and even then they never lose much, I think 981 Cayman GT4 bottomed around 60k for high mileage poor spec comfort examples, but the good ones in 981 generation have typically always been close or around 70k mark. The 718 been the last will for sure hold values well, if they move further northwards then the 981 will also move up with them.

I paid 110k for a 991.1 GT3, about cheapest of the GT3's now the 991.1 generation is as the 997.1 have shot us massively and 997.2 GT3's are now approaching 200k levels.

Porsche GT products are in small numbers and demand always outweighs the supply.

My advice is either buy now whilst you still can or take the gamble and hold out for potential recession and hoping the prices take a fall and be ready to buy, but which of these two circumstances will happen is an unknown.

Any car that is special, limited numbers values are exploding, look at E36 M3's and E30 M3's, shooting north fast.

The customers who are on Porsche GT list are a lucky bunch as they get these GT cars new and can either keep and enjoy for several years and not have any depreciation or flip them and make an easy £100,000
Even overs on 992 Turbo S and 992 GTS are crazy at moment.

Soldato
The order book for GT4s has been closed for a number of weeks, though there was no suggestion from the OPCs that this was due to any shortage of parts -?

Just spoke to Porsche Silverstone and they hadnt heard that the order book was closed for GT4s. Booked some time with them to get a test drive and go over spec if Im happy to put an order in. Guess they could either be ill informed or trying to get me through the door to sell me something. Will walk if they try and hard sell me something I dont want

Soldato
The GT4 is essentially EOL now, the GT4 RS was the last ICE Cayman from Porsche. The next Cayman will be EV / Hybrid, no more ICE.
Porsche GT cars always tend to cost more used than new until several years old and even then they never lose much, I think 981 Cayman GT4 bottomed around 60k for high mileage poor spec comfort examples, but the good ones in 981 generation have typically always been close or around 70k mark. The 718 been the last will for sure hold values well, if they move further northwards then the 981 will also move up with them.

I paid 110k for a 991.1 GT3, about cheapest of the GT3's now the 991.1 generation is as the 997.1 have shot us massively and 997.2 GT3's are now approaching 200k levels.

Porsche GT products are in small numbers and demand always outweighs the supply.

My advice is either buy now whilst you still can or take the gamble and hold out for potential recession and hoping the prices take a fall and be ready to buy, but which of these two circumstances will happen is an unknown.

Any car that is special, limited numbers values are exploding, look at E36 M3's and E30 M3's, shooting north fast.

The customers who are on Porsche GT list are a lucky bunch as they get these GT cars new and can either keep and enjoy for several years and not have any depreciation or flip them and make an easy £100,000
Even overs on 992 Turbo S and 992 GTS are crazy at moment.

Cheers Gibbo

Soldato
Just spoke to Porsche Silverstone and they hadnt heard that the order book was closed for GT4s. Booked some time with them to get a test drive and go over spec if Im happy to put an order in. Guess they could either be ill informed or trying to get me through the door to sell me something. Will walk if they try and hard sell me something I dont want

Quite a bizarre situation, but something that appears to happen often in Porsche circles. I spoke to my OPC in the last two weeks and that's what I was told. I also know people who were told the same by their OPCs and there obv lots of similar mention on PH, but who really knows the truth. I'm sure 'loyal' Porsche customers get an alternative view of availability, but unfortunately I'm not in that club.

If Silverstone want to entertain you and you are happy to go along, sounds good to me. Let us know how it goes. I've already had my notification through of my driving experience at Silverstone, so I'm looking forward to that.

Soldato
6.9% I was quoted. Haven't tried any negotiation at this point, but didn't get the feeling there would be any movement. Can always try a broker nearer the time, but the OPC insisted on a finance check and quote before they would confirm the build slot in my name.

Man of Honour
6.9% I was quoted. Haven't tried any negotiation at this point, but didn't get the feeling there would be any movement. Can always try a broker nearer the time, but the OPC insisted on a finance check and quote before they would confirm the build slot in my name.
Cheers, I’m paying 0% on what I owe on the M3 so that’s going to be a hard one to swallow!

Back
Top Bottom