Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
No it's minutes unfortunately. Had the right side turbo replaced under warranty as it was full of oil and diagnosed as the cause of the smoking but it's still doing it.

It's a lot of dense white smoke but it doesn't do it every time, just when it's been left a good few days. Will get the garage that sold it to get it to porsche for a thorough look under warranty ☹️

I fear a pic would scare the crap out of everyone but as soon as I'm in front of my pc I'll upload ...
I had a look at a 991.2 GTS when I was buying as it was only 5 mins walk away and one of the selling points was that it has both turbos replaced under warranty at less than 3 years old.

Maybe the other turbo needs doing as well? (Hope not)

Caporegime
White will be moisture. Oil will be blue. Flat engines can burn a bit on start as the oil drains down and sits in the cylinder after the engine has stopped

Soldato
I get a bit of white smoke if I’ve had to move the car a short distance and turn it off. There will be blue/white smoke on the restart presumably due to what @Simon has said. It’s nothing quite as dramatic as above and clears very quickly.

That’s looking like a trip to the garage @magicoi. Hope the warranty can sort it!

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I looked at a Boxster S with a failed oil/air separator that was about as bad as that. It was indoors when I started it so you can only imagine the scene!

One easy-ish test is to try and remove the oil filler cap while it is running - if there's a huge amount of suction (it'll pull the cap back into the filler hole!) then the separator has likely failed.

Soldato
Hi all,

Picked up a 2018 Macan Turbo last week.

Question regards the SatNav - this morning I used the Nav and the car seemed to think I was permanently 15 or 20 metres to the left or to the right of where the car actually is actually positioned on the road - it hasn't quite got it's bearings, GPS accuracy issue? I've used the Nav twice last week and it worked fine, it was just today the Nav lost the plot.

Is there any sort of GPS/Nav reset I can do before resorting to asking Porsche to take a look under warranty?

Thanks.

Associate
Unfortunately not. Porsche can't look at it until next week so it's been trailered to them and will be in touch asap. I've been assured they will do everything to identify the issue.

Annoyingly when it got picked up there was no smoke.. grateful for video!!

Soldato
Speaking of white smoke…

mu3PubL.jpg

Thank goodness for the low coolant alarm! Think a hose has split or a join has popped off. Thankfully there was still some coolant in the expansion tank by the time I stopped and no temp rise. Big thumbs up for the recovery service with Classic Line insurance. Big thumbs down for smart motorways.

Got to roll with the windows up and the system down for the rest of the day!

D82Jyzq.jpg

Soldato
Oh bugger!! Hope it's something simple mate

What a motor to step into tho!!

Thanks! I'm hoping that the lack of temperature rise will have saved me. If I'd missed that layby and come off the exit the coolant would have all escaped and I'd be looking at a much larger bill I think!

The Finesse is quite the machine! It was my grandmother's, I learned to drive in it. My Dad refuses to let it die... it's a bit like Trigger's broom! I got far more appreciative waves in that than I ever will in the 911 that's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom