Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

I’ve spent the last week agonising about what colour I should choose for my upcoming Cayman. I know it’s very first world problems, but it’s rare that I have been in the position to decide on a car’s colour. I usually buy on condition etc and simply try to avoid any white or black cars.

I think I’ve got my choices down to three, by order of preference being: Shark Blue, Guards Red and Python Green. None of these are metallic, including either of the ‘special’ colours surprisingly. The blue and green are actually extra-extra cost options, whereas you can save £1600 by going with red which is a standard colour.

I think I like the blue best, I generally like blue cars and it’s quite inoffensive while not being boring. The red I feel is a bit too unoriginal, however it’s a classic Porsche colour and obv there’s a reasonable saving to be had. The Python Green is rather a left field choice. I’m not big into green at all, but it was a launch colour for the GTS 4.0 model and is the most polarising. Initially this was my chosen colour, having even seen (and liked) it in person, but the nagging feeling of it getting tiresome has crept in. So I think I’m back to safe (but not boring) blue now.

I just have to try and keep away from the configurator now, until Sept I think where I need to lock in my spec. Funny how sometimes too much choice can be a pita!

I’ve spent the last week agonising about what colour I should choose for my upcoming Cayman. I know it’s very first world problems, but it’s rare that I have been in the position to decide on a car’s colour. I usually buy on condition etc and simply try to avoid any white or black cars.

I think I’ve got my choices down to three, by order of preference being: Shark Blue, Guards Red and Python Green. None of these are metallic, including either of the ‘special’ colours surprisingly. The blue and green are actually extra-extra cost options, whereas you can save £1600 by going with red which is a standard colour.

I think I like the blue best, I generally like blue cars and it’s quite inoffensive while not being boring. The red I feel is a bit too unoriginal, however it’s a classic Porsche colour and obv there’s a reasonable saving to be had. The Python Green is rather a left field choice. I’m not big into green at all, but it was a launch colour for the GTS 4.0 model and is the most polarising. Initially this was my chosen colour, having even seen (and liked) it in person, but the nagging feeling of it getting tiresome has crept in. So I think I’m back to safe (but not boring) blue now.

I just have to try and keep away from the configurator now, until Sept I think where I need to lock in my spec. Funny how sometimes too much choice can be a pita!
Out of those I'd go Shark Blue. But personally I think flat colours look best on the GT cars, GTS looks awesome in Gentian Blue / GT Silver. I agree Python won't age well and I suspect would be harder to sell on.

Gave a nearly new 911 Turbo a drive. Superbly fast but not really usable in any real sense of the roads here. Obviously the autobahn is nearby bit realistically with roof down in current car I don't usually go over 250kmhr anyway.

981 is still very enjoyable, outrageous exhaust.

Tempted to just copy Gibbo and get into a ferrari for something more special. Petrol prices are 2.30 a litre and car market definitely feels a bit looser now so keeping eyes open.

I was in this morning too, I always look poor haha. Don’t want them to think I’m made of money (I'm not). Clean shaven, polite and with a smile. Seems to work ok for me.

Saw these, amongst other things. Really sold the colour to me

So, order placed :o
OMG, OPC Aberdeen in not full of boring generic white/grey/black cars shocker.

Go big or go home. Do it, do it now :D

Guards is less sexy than phlegm.

Gentian is sexual but a bit generic.

One needs Rubystone to detract from the grey granite on a generic boring Aberdeen cloudy day :p

Warning marmite mod:

4E66B8F7-3989-4CCE-9EBD-A78F28F41C98.jpeg

528018F2-0335-46EE-B85F-DB403C3E86A0.jpeg

Red inserts, I am happy with them but of course easily reversible but I wanted a bit more red on interior. :)

Another day, another car meet:

8C5BE56E-17F0-4468-B350-D0F8BFEF3962.jpeg

Don’t take the mick too much was hilarious how we both turned up in outfits which match our cars LOL!

However unlike the milky way advert this time the red car won the race as the blue car is running in its new G series engine. :D

Back
Top Bottom