Alex Jones..

Caporegime
Well, no. If I said “you are a doctor” that would not be defamation even though it is factually incorrect. Defamation requires “serious harm” to your reputation based on what “right thinking reasonable members of the public” would think.

Can you be found guilty of slander or libel for telling the truth?

Soldato
Because your point is crap.

Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t mean it’s crap. Slander/libel laws are based on the feelings of right minded individuals. So if you accept those laws as reasonable you do in fact find some level of feelings acceptable in civil laws.

Caporegime
Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t mean it’s crap. Slander/libel laws are based on the feelings of right minded individuals. So if you accept those laws as reasonable you do in fact find some level of feelings acceptable in civil laws.

No they're not. They're based on whether something is demonstrably true or not.

Soldato
Audience capture I think, and an attempt to stay relevant. Trump and Covid seem to have sent quite a few of these internet celebs off the deep end.

Rogan, the Weinsteins, JBP, Lex Friedman, Maajid Nawaz, Ben Shapiro, Dave Ruben, Russell Brand, etc.

You may argue that some of the above were nuts to begin with, but they all now appear to be parodies of their former selves.

Sam Harris seems to have kept himself relatively stable but moving to a subscription model for his podcast I think has both reduced, and acted as filter for, his regular audience.

It’s a shame, as I enjoyed keeping up with the IDW back when they first came to prominence but now I have very little time for any of them.

Sam Harris offers free subscriptions if you can't afford it. Doesn't ask for a reason why you can't afford it, you just have to email his team or you can offer to pay what you can afford. Nice touch from him.

Soldato
If this is the case I'm thinking of he's already lost. This is just for how much damages he has to pay to the parents.

Oh, he has already lost the case, I must admit I didnt realise until today that, not only did his lawyers release all his texts to the opposition by accident, thereby allowing them to make him commit perjury, he had already had the case given against him by default for not providing evidence.

Absolute buffoonery.

Soldato
Oh, he has already lost the case, I must admit I didnt realise until today that, not only did his lawyers release all his texts to the opposition by accident, thereby allowing them to make him commit perjury, he had already had the case given against him by default for not providing evidence.

Absolute buffoonery.
it makes you wonder if it was by accident or if someone on his team really thought he had it coming (either way incredibly unprofessional and who would trust those solicitors now?

Soldato
Sam Harris offers free subscriptions if you can't afford it. Doesn't ask for a reason why you can't afford it, you just have to email his team or you can offer to pay what you can afford. Nice touch from him.

Yeah, I find myself a bit conflicted with this one. I absolutely can afford it, I just don’t want to pay for it… So I’ve stopped listening altogether.

Caporegime
Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Based on right minded individuals? Have you seen the world today and the madness that happens? Feelings and populism is taking over from right minded individuals.

Soldato
Boom!

'Jury awards parents of Sandy Hook shooting victim $4.1 million in defamation case against Alex Jones.'

You love to see it! I just hope he can't escape most of this by pulling a bankruptcy dodge. I want to see his entire business destroyed.

Oof.

Court imposed penalties can't be included in a bankruptcy application. The court can also force the sale of assets in order to pay that penalty.

It's basically what happened to AH, being forced to sell her house etc in order to pay the damages to Depp. She'll be paying it back for decades to come as her "career" is over. She'll be flipping burgers at McDonald's for the rest of her life.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom