It's too hot :(

Man of Honour
Flippancy aside I'm just a bit frustrated with the lack of accountability and investment to reduce the leaks. And sure it's a little childish perhaps to behave the way I am, but I am a big kid at heart. Also I've ploughed lots of time and effort into my garden and want to give it the best chance it has, and since there will be a ban I will do what I can up until that point.

Plus having the pool gives the kids something to do during the holidays too which frankly also helps me out!

Since the weather is going to be like this and has been like this in the summer for a while now it's about time they sorted it out.

Having been brought up in hot climates they manage the water network far better.

Soldato
posting in this thread was an ill-omen
- 6pm N.Cambridge , water flow about 50% normal - not enough for a dam shower;
ring water board , butter wouldn't melt, nothing reported sir, 30min later call back we have a burst pipe may be fixed early hours;
so that will probably be my contribution to 94L/day/household cambridge looses.

Soldato
so this the compensation anglian water won't pay out if I'm without a shower for 12 hours due to aforesmentioned burst main - not their first rodeo

3Aug Anglian Water sent a letter out to those left without water in the Woottons and other areas of Lynn saying they would receive £150 in compensation if they were left without water for more than 24 hours.
However, residents claim only 781 homes out of 5,972 left without water have received a £150 bank transfer.
The rest of the homes received £30, which was the amount to be given to those who were left without water for 12 hours.
However, some of the residents who were compensated £30 say they had only a trickle of water over the three day period.

Soldato
friends just got a digital shower where you can turn them on/off at the touch of a button and they come to a fixed temperature faster would be great for saving water+gas,
but , for the manual ones we have you are twisting the tap to turn it on/off, with soap in the eyes.
they will probably take many years for savings to offset purchase price, fewer than hot water taps

Man of Honour
I save water when showering by switching off the shower when applying shampoo, conditioner or shower gel. Some people run theirs when do this.

I think most people turn the water off when scrubbing. What's shampoo and conditioner?? :cry:
Joking aside I think if you've lived in hot countries these instincts get taught early on. But even in cold countries why waste water?

Soldato
friends just got a digital shower where you can turn them on/off at the touch of a button and they come to a fixed temperature faster would be great for saving water+gas,
but , for the manual ones we have you are twisting the tap to turn it on/off, with soap in the eyes.
they will probably take many years for savings to offset purchase price, fewer than hot water taps
Hate the mixer taps for showers where have to switch on the bath taps. Then the pull thing you lift up to make the shower work defaults back to bath taps.

Man of Honour
Unsure yet. Probably go to a National Trust place on way/back as parents are life members of NT.
Depending on where you are staying the following are worth doing:

Lido in Cheltenham
Pitville Park in Chetenham
Painswick Beacon for a walk
Leckhampton hill (Devil's Chimney) for a walk
Rboinswood hill & park
Brewery quarter in Cheltenham
Gloucester Quays
Gloucester Cathedral
If you go bit further afield, the birds of prey place near Newant is excellent
Plus you're on the doorstep of the Forest of Dean and lovely towns/villages around there
Plenty of pubs along the River Severn, plus lots to do in the Cotswolds.

Associate
The BBC forecast is always a good 3-4 degrees higher than the Met Office forecast for my area.
Yeah the BBC can be quite off, today it said 19 for us when my thermometer says 23, it was so nice yesterday at actual 19 and was a lovely cooling breeze and last night was best sleep I've had for weeks, one day and then tomorrow and 10 days none stop heatwave and boiling hot again, this summer must be hottest I've ever known, just relentless heat and seems never ended sun most days.

Soldato
predictions for south gonna be 30c+ for south in 5-6 days. should'nt be as
bad as a few weeks ago as we've had time to get used to it being 23c-26c
recentely. that's what i'm gonna tell myself :p

Back
Top Bottom