Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

V_R

V_R

Soldato
What cases are folks rocking? That Belroy is nice but not my thing. Have a Spigen Liquid Air on the 6 Pro, I know it's boring but I'm tempted by the same again.

Associate
Could somebody help me please. WhatsApp messages come through to the watch 50/50. If somebody whatapp calls that doesn't set the watch off. Also the alarm clock set on my phone doesn't then go off on my watch. Any ideas?
50/50?? I haven't had one come through yet! I just assumed it wasn't supported.

Soldato
This is more likely an Android question rather than a Pixel questions, but I find that notifications (for example gmail, sky breaking news or whatsapp) only come through when I turn on the phone.. If the phone has been idle for a while the notifications will not come through.. I have not restricted battery in any way for those apps.

Any suggestions?

Turn off adaptive battery... Its designed to lengthen battery life by not constantly getting push messages over data.

Soldato
grabbed a 7 pro to try, did my usual first test, gmail notifications

Anyone experiencing slow gmail notifications? I Had the same with s22 ultra. Shocking how iPhone/ipad/watch can do gmail notifications faster than the top end android phone.

7 pro is going back for a refund.

Soldato

Anyone experiencing slow gmail notifications? I Had the same with s22 ultra. Shocking how iPhone/ipad/watch can do gmail notifications faster than the top end android phone.

I had posted this already 4 posts above yours

Turn off adaptive battery... Its designed to lengthen battery life by not constantly getting push messages over data.

Read the bit at the bottom of the screenshot

Screenshot-20221014-210535.png

Last edited:
Soldato
How long does a full charge take?

It's a tiny 245mAh battery so shouldn't take long in theory.
It didn't take long to charge it from 59% to full today. I just can't be bothered to be taking it off and charging it all the time. I don't want my life to revolve around my watch.

Soldato

I've been leaning on the side of sending my P7 Pro back for refund but I'll be giving it a few days first. Any reason for the drastic action?

Man of Honour

Make sure battery optimization is off for the app itself, mine is near instant and has been on my last God knows how many Android phones.

Associate
anyone found a decent screen protector thats still in stock yet?

finally setting mine up today and I think a protector would be a safe bet for my wear and tear :)

Associate
Got my Pixel 7 Pro delivered early this morning and boy it is huge compared to my iPhone 14 Pro. I have slapped a screen protector on it already and on charge at the moment. Not reading good things about the phone being buggy etc etc. I’ll give it a good try and hopefully don’t need to return it.

Back
Top Bottom