Google Pixel 7/7 Pro & Pixel Watch

Soldato
Not had any issues with the phone feeling too warm/hot. Also not found any bugs. I'm liking it more and more as I use it though, especially now I've got rid of gestures and scroll animations.

Associate
How do you know how fast the phone is charging? I'm testing my new Samsung 25w charger and it still only says "charging" on the lock screen, not "fast charging" or similar, as i was expecting.

Last edited:
Soldato
Argh, Starling have just informed me I can't link it to my Google wallet on the P7 Pro. It doesn't work on this device yet :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
Even with adaptive battery off the watch is iffy. Only about half the WhatsApp messages come through. No rhyme or reason why.
I also don't see why it's impossible to silence an alarm going off on my phone from the watch. My p30 pro and Huawei watch synced up really well.

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you know how fast the phone is charging? I'm testing my new Samsung 25w charger and it still only says "charging" on the lock screen, not "fast charging" or similar, as i was expecting.
Should show charging rapidly.

Signal is definitely a notch or 2 stronger over the 6 Pro. Hold 5G better where the 6 drops to 4G.

Associate
Should show charging rapidly.

Signal is definitely a notch or 2 stronger over the 6 Pro. Hold 5G better where the 6 drops to 4G.
That's great to hear as my 6 pro was constantly dropping it's connection. Pegging it back to 4g was both better for battery and signal strength. What are the perks of 5g again?

Soldato
Yes I am able to see "charging rapidly" when using a different cable.. I guess I cant just reuse cables from the past, they need to support the kind of wattage required.

Thanks.
Any good quality cable will do as its under 3 Amps and nearly all are this rating. When you need over 3A next step is a 5A cable.

Associate
Has anyone else's pre order with Google Store been delayed?

Ordered on the 8th, now saying 18th - 19th and Delayed.

This is for Pixel 7 Pro and Watch LTE

Soldato
Tried to claim the Pixel Buds Pro’s from Curry’s but the store isn’t yet ready for claims, and should be open on 1 Nov. A bit frustrating as I’m making do with some **** headphones at the moment and massively missing my AirPods Pros

Soldato
Some cases arrived today. Side by side I tried out:
Caseology Athlex
Spigen Rugged Armour
Bellroy

The Bellroy is the clear winner here. The Caseology Athlex is nice but really thick. I'm not sure how long the white trim will look good for before it gets a bit tacky looking. The Rugged Armour was the most flexible and also looked awful with the weird sparkly effect.

Still on the search for a case that better suits what I want but this exercise has changed my view on the Bellroy a bit.

Man of Honour
Tried to claim the Pixel Buds Pro’s from Curry’s but the store isn’t yet ready for claims, and should be open on 1 Nov. A bit frustrating as I’m making do with some **** headphones at the moment and massively missing my AirPods Pros
To be fair it's what you agreed to when you ordered. The bonus of ordering direct was that you didn't have to wait for your watch/buds

Back
Top Bottom