High On Life - Rick & Morty-esque FPS - Release 13/12/22

Man of Honour
It says it is on Steam and it unlocks in 11 hours, but no price.

Ah, I believe it will be £47.99

That's fine. It looks fun!
Ah, I hadnt looked at it on Steam, I only downloaded it from Gamepass. £48 seems steep to me for what it is but I guess its a fairly par for the course price. Looking forward to giving it a go tomorrow

Soldato
I stayed up to have a go at this before bed and I'm less than two minutes in.

It's bloody hilarious already. :D

I really hope it keeps going like this.

Man of Honour
Well just finished and killed 9-torg. Have to say this has been a surprise, going by the reviews and vids on youtube I thought it might end up being a cheese fest but it's actually been quite fun and the dialogue is pretty much Rick and Morty :D

Performance-wise we're looking at very good performance all maxed out. There is no upscaling option, no RT etc here. I did see some stutter as the next section loaded when first entering the big tunnel after negotiating with the foul mouthed door entry talking things lol, look at this frametime graph:

Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping_2022_12_13_01_17_54_220.jpg

I also had one CTD but I suspect this has something to do with my undervolt which I still haven't quite nailed yet so reverted to stock in Afterburner.

The combat is simple but works well, using Knifey feels second nature very quickly and you can swing about like Spiderman and explore which is kinda neat.

Visually it looks like a UE4 game for sure whereas Callisto, also UE4, looks more like UE5, the difference in art style is interesting to see jumping from one game to the other even though they use the same engine. This game appears softer though so I'm assuming it is using UE4's built in Temporal AA which is pretty crap. Which they had the option to turn it off and use FSR2 or DLSS which results in a sharper picture. Or a sharpness slider at least.

I think the CPU usage isn't as well optimised as it could be in many areas though, The total CPU use ranges from like 9% to 35% outdoors but then turning around in teh city outdoors the CPU use drops to 17%...

Outdoor CPU use (typical observation):
Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping_2022_12_13_00_58_54_219.jpg

Indoor CPU usage (typical):
Oregon-WinGDK-Shipping_2022_12_13_00_55_22_923.jpg

Why is the indoor CPU use higher than outdoor?!?! Inconsistent but at least the framerate is pretty consistent with the odd jitter here and there.

Screenshots in the high res thread: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...eenshot-thread.18571685/page-62#post-36077331

I WISH YOU COULD TURN OFF CHROMATIC ABERRATION!!!!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hahah this game is hilarious. Did anyone notice that you can watch the entire film Tammy and the T-Rex (1994) on the tv in the game. With Denise Richards and Paul Walker

Back
Top Bottom