High On Life - Rick & Morty-esque FPS - Release 13/12/22

Man of Honour
Appears not all the time! :cry:

Just noticing my cpu doesn't look to be boosting to it's 4410/4450Mhz....

What's your ti undervolted to?

The undervolt was at 900mV then 931mV from 1730MHz, it is now stock as I am exclusively using the power limit at 85% which I'm finding most stable as the thermals/clocks/power range varies and the BIOS sorts the correct voltage out for stability :cool:

Associate
The undervolt was at 900mV then 931mV from 1730MHz, it is now stock as I am exclusively using the power limit at 85% which I'm finding most stable as the thermals/clocks/power range varies and the BIOS sorts the correct voltage out for stability :cool:

Hmm I am running an undervolt but might do this albeit on a 3080.. Do you have any overclock on the mem or anything or just all out stock?

Soldato
Played a couple of times but I can’t play more than about 10 mins as it’s giving me motion sickness due to the juddering even though I’m at 140fps.

Soldato
Finished it yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Took 20 hours odd exploring and messing about.
Thought the story was great and I laughed a lot.
However, if you don't like Rick and Morty or Just Roiland this is defo not a game for you. As a side note, the game is never worth £45+ I would play it while it is on Game Pass.

Soldato
Yeah looks like they added key rebinds for wsad for left-handed players.
No FOV slider though.

I noticed that. It was something I couldn't believe wasn't in the release version. Buuuut, when I got the second gun, I found that the arrow keys also switch weapons. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable that, so it was back to using an ahk script for me. Not great QA, that, I have to say. Also getting some weird juddering and stuttering but only in the background. Trying to pick off distant enemies means focusing on them hitching around at what looks like a very low fps, but the foreground and mid-range seems fine.

Not quite sure I am enjoying this enough to go through too much more annoyance with it. I do like the tone, environments and some of the humour, but I am finding the gameplay a little basic and repetitive.

Soldato
How did I not know this films exists? How?! I like both Walker and Richards!

2637squanchgamesinc.hredlt.png

Soldato
That's because you have to add it (everything in the code box I posted) to the end:D

I won't be playing beyond the 4 hours or so I have played so far. I need an FOV adjustment because I find it too narrow giving me a bit of dizziness when moving around in a long session. My preferred FOV is around 85-90 in fps games. this feels like 70-75.

Yeah looks like they added key rebinds for wsad for left-handed players.
No FOV slider though.

I noticed that. It was something I couldn't believe wasn't in the release version. Buuuut, when I got the second gun, I found that the arrow keys also switch weapons. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable that, so it was back to using an ahk script for me. Not great QA, that, I have to say. Also getting some weird juddering and stuttering but only in the background. Trying to pick off distant enemies means focusing on them hitching around at what looks like a very low fps, but the foreground and mid-range seems fine.

Not quite sure I am enjoying this enough to go through too much more annoyance with it. I do like the tone, environments and some of the humour, but I am finding the gameplay a little basic and repetitive.

Heads up, good old Flawless Widescreen has released a plugin that adds an FOV slider, and adds increased LOD distance.

CBuViv9.jpg

Soldato
I was enjoying it until I got to the first boss fight. I hate boss fights with a passion and wish developers would put in an option, for people like me, to skip them. Even dropping the difficulty to easy, I cannot defeat her. It’s been a long time since my reactions were quick enough for this ****.

Fortunately I was playing on Game Pass. Playing Lego Star Wars Skywalkwr Saga instead, more my pace, unless it has boss fights, grrr.

Soldato
This one didnt half fly under the radar.

Started playing it yesterday, performance is usually pretty good but i'm getting points where framerate just starts chugging bad going from butter smooth to unplayable in the space of a few seconds.

Anyone any ideas? Google is stuffed full of the age old video game equivalents of telling you to turn it off and on again (ie disable steam overlay, update gpu drivers, etc)

Ironically turning it off and on again (the game that is) fixes the issue for a time, so dont think its anything relating to a specific section as when reloading the game i can play from wherever i was issue free.

Feels a lot like the bl1 remake memory leak, game will run fine for however long it takes to fill up memory then drop off a cliff.

Back
Top Bottom