High On Life - Rick & Morty-esque FPS - Release 13/12/22

HRL

HRL

Soldato
This one didnt half fly under the radar.

Started playing it yesterday, performance is usually pretty good but i'm getting points where framerate just starts chugging bad going from butter smooth to unplayable in the space of a few seconds.

Anyone any ideas? Google is stuffed full of the age old video game equivalents of telling you to turn it off and on again (ie disable steam overlay, update gpu drivers, etc)

Ironically turning it off and on again (the game that is) fixes the issue for a time, so dont think its anything relating to a specific section as when reloading the game i can play from wherever i was issue free.

Feels a lot like the bl1 remake memory leak, game will run fine for however long it takes to fill up memory then drop off a cliff.

Can’t say I’ve experienced any of that so far.

Only thing that gets on my nerves is the chromatic aberration and no option to disable it.

Without system specs it’s hard to gauge what’s causing your problem.

Soldato
Can’t say I’ve experienced any of that so far.

Only thing that gets on my nerves is the chromatic aberration and no option to disable it.

Without system specs it’s hard to gauge what’s causing your problem.

The fov is whats getting me, but thats mostly because i'm one of the weirdos who goes full fishbowl.....

Running one of the 6 core ryzens (2nd gen? I forget the exact number) with 16gb and a 2070 super. Not top end but seems to run well enough until suddenly it doesnt.

Soldato
This is a lot of fun, I just defeated the first boss but seemed a little easy? Probably shouldnt have knifed the second person but time will tell :)

Soldato
The FOV has a fix, see my post a few above yours.

I did indeed, a good find.

Imma look into it next time i'm playing, tbh even the stuttering at least can be fixed with a quick restart.

Been enjoying it so far, although i can see how those averse to first person parkour are gonna have a bad time.

Man of Honour
I played it for probably and hour and a half last night and loved it. Genuinely had me in stitches, especially the intro "This is your divorce lawyer"... genuinely feel there should be more games like this! I also stabbed the first boss's mate to death, the knife forced me to do it.

Soldato
I killed the second bounty (drill hands guy) last night - this one was a bit tougher and took 3 attempts - you really have to be careful with those lasers! I think the strat that worked for me was trying not to pick up the health until i really needed it, unless it was dropped by the support npc's as they time out if not picked up anyway.

Man of Honour
4th or so boss spoiler:

my favourite boss fight was definitely the one where he falls off the ladder and kills himself
:D

Just love the humour.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been trying this on XBOX Game Pass but struggling to get anything near decent performance on the PC - [email protected], 16gb ram and 1080 or the laptop with 12700h, 32gb ram and rtx 3070ti. Granted I'm playing on 3440x1440, but anything other than low settings on both is uncomfortable to play. Anyone else experiencing this? Drivers are up to date... Almost set on uninstalling. I have had little trouble playing most recent games at this resolution at med/high on the PC and higher on the laptop.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom