The disappearance of Nicola Bulley

Soldato
I didnt see any thread about this story so thought I'd start one.

The police seem to be focused on the theory that she fell in the river. They aren't just not looking in to any other theory. But also saying it hurts the family to even mention other theories.

Meanwhile its come out that even the family don't understand why the police have ruled out every other theory at this early stage.

Why have the police ruled out all other theories so early on?

Caporegime

Because given their recent history, they have no confidence in the notion that it wasn't one of them.

They're probably investigating the living hell out of this in their ranks behind closed doors to rule that out first.

Disclaimer - the above is just my theory obvs, other theories are available.

Last edited:
Caporegime

The police seem to be focused on the theory that she fell in the river. They aren't just not looking in to any other theory. But also saying it hurts the family to even mention other theories.

Meanwhile its come out that even the family don't understand why the police have ruled out every other theory at this early stage.

Because they have all of the info and you are reading the bits they've released via press?

Am I on camera? is this ... is this ... am I being pranked! Oh you guys!

(Ashton Kutcher comes racing in from 2004, flailing his arms)

Soldato
They haven't "ruled out" anything, and this was made clear in the press briefing the Lancs Police Supt gave yesterday. She explained that while their current working hypothesis is she fell into the river, they remain open to any information or evidence that may contradict that. So far they don't appear to have any that does.

They asked people on social media to stop wild and baseless speculation, because people were posting inane theories and misinterpreting or completely fabricating information.

Soldato

Probably the radical notion that the river she was seen next to can be both the cause of death and it can remove the body from the scene.

Oh and it exists, very important part of a theory is to base it on something that was definitely there.

Any additional theories should present their working.

Soldato
Have they found the dog she appears to have been out walking?
Yes, the dog was found immediately, and was dry so hadn't been in the river. Current theory seems to be she tried to get the dogs ball (which is also missing) out of the water and fell in. Seems totally plausible but the press do like to make a drama out of things like this.
I did read that it's quite a dangerous river.If she did fall in she could be miles away, or even in the sea by now.

Last edited:
Soldato

There is pressure from the press to come up with a solution. To appear to be competent they have put forward their theory, and they are really stupid to do that because they will get roasted if it turns out to be wrong.

In fairness to them, the press doesn't take account that sometimes there's no evidence at an incident, they just label lack of progress as police incompetence.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's not like the police don't have a reputation for searching all over the place only to find the body under their nose.

The case of Shannon Matthews comes to mind that the cops searched the house previously that she was subsequently found hiding under a bed inside.

She was on a call sitting on the bench. Her falling in the river isn't really a stand out theory. It is a theory yes. But I wouldn't be ruling out other theories at this early stage.

Why would she fall in the river when she was sat on the bench in a conference call? I can imagine if her phone was on the floor next to the river. It seems like an unusual sequence of events had to happen for the polices theory to become a reality.

Have the police searched the area?

Some people say she might have fallen in getting her dog from the river. But if her dogs out then unless she jumped in then she wouldn't be in as you'd lean back to safety to pull the dog out.

I could imagine someone might have pushed her in i.e. someone stopped to talk to her, and she put the phone on mute and on the bench. Then the idiot pushed her in the river. As we know idiots are pushing random people on to train tracks at stations these days. I've heard of people being pushed in to canals too. That would be a more likely way to be in the river than she just fell in.

Caporegime
I nearly lost by balance and could have easily fallen in a lake a few weeks ago when trying to retrieve my dogs ball that she had dropped on a steep slope (it was stopped by brambles just within stretching distance)

Luckily my wife happened to be there so she could have attempted to help if anything had gone awry.

So that sort of thing is plausible

Last edited:
Soldato
Pushed her in more like, it happens more than you think.

The Manchester canals alone had 60+ bodies in a 7 year period and not one of them was ever recorded as a crime and many of them were not even made public let alone be all over the news.

They were called accidents or suicide on reports even though canals are unpopular suicide methods.

Many think a good number of them were pushed or kicked in, probably targeted at night when they were drunk and walking alone.

Yes of course accidents happen but i think we have so many rotten eggs in the UK now that it would be zero shock to me if some vile pig threw her in.

Soldato
My issue with the falling in river theory is where relative the phone was found. Why would you fall in but the phone be sat there.

Walking in herself is honestly a more likely theory and then it's why did she do that. That would be my no.1.

The dog hadn't been in river so she hadn't put the phone down to try to rescue her dog as example. Nothing been heard on conference call as was on mute at time.

Someone still as likely to have taken her as anything else too even with the footage they have discussed.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Apparently the clothes she was wearing at the time would have made it very very hard for her to get out of the water if she did fall in.

Whatever did actually happen, have to feel for her partner. Having a loved one just go missing with no explanation must be a living nightmare.

Soldato
What evidence do the Police have? Is that your question?
That is the question to the OP.

I only asked as we know, the police won't reveal details at this early stage so they may have evidence or witness statements that is leading them to believe that there best course of action is to concentrate on the theory she went into the river.

Back
Top Bottom