** Diablo 4 Thread **

Associate
Finally! I had just enough time to watch the intro cutscene this morning... still unsure which class to pick but leaning Druid.

Last edited:
Associate
So, as a complete diablo noob and a noob to any game like this (i have played rpgs but not like diablo) how easy is this game to get into? is it a overly difficult game? can you play online with strangers?

Whats it all about lol im quite tempted to buy it but would hate to lose £60 if its not accessible for a noob or too difficult.

Oh can it be played ok on a xbox pad also as that will be a big factor for me as only use keyboard and mouse when playing fps games, everything else i play on pad

Thanks

Soldato
Gone are the immediate logins of early access it seems:

image.png

Was hoping to hop in for a half hour while my food cooked.

Soldato
I am starting to get the "invisible wall" where when entering a new area you sit there just running on the spot, getting very annoying

Soldato
Right I got this ****. Need to stop being a pussy.

Jumped back into WT3.

Was trying to solo dungeons and events and was getting smashed.

Now I’m just been jumping around doing the Whisper events and gearing up that way.

Associate
So, as a complete diablo noob and a noob to any game like this (i have played rpgs but not like diablo) how easy is this game to get into? is it a overly difficult game? can you play online with strangers?

Whats it all about lol im quite tempted to buy it but would hate to lose £60 if its not accessible for a noob or too difficult.

Oh can it be played ok on a xbox pad also as that will be a big factor for me as only use keyboard and mouse when playing fps games, everything else i play on pad

Thanks

These kinds of games can become very addictive if they gel with you, you are essentially in a never ending grind to get stronger as you progress through a story mode and eventually into endgame activities, all centred around killing monsters and finding/managing your gear, levelling up your skills, which in turn allows you to push higher, get better rewards and so on. They are designed to be time sinks and can potentially offer hundreds of hours of entertainment over their lifespan, it's all about the journey in these games, not necessarily the destination of how you want your character to be.

You have a number of classes to choose from when you start, all very different from one another. There are also two options of World Tier when you start, these basically modify the difficulty and rewards you receive, WT1 essentially being easy mode, WT2 being your medium mode. The other ones are unlocked once you've progressed through the main story and offer a big jump in challenge/rewards. There's no pressure to move up or down, you can do the whole thing in WT1 without issue and move up as and when you're ready. It can be played completely solo or grouping up online (which offers benefits too), there's plenty of activities throughout the world where players can bump into each other and help one another along as well.

Story wise, it's easy to follow but very lore rich so a basic breakdown doesn't do justice to all of the backstory. It's a properly dark, morally grey world where the forces of heaven and hell are stuck in a never ending conflict, often spilling into the mortal realm where you, the hero, have to rise up and fight. If you are interested in the game I'd actually consider checking out some videos recapping the story of the series so far, it will give you a very good idea of how all the world works and who the big characters are.

It's best suited for mouse and keyboard, but is absolutely fine with a controller, they've done a good job of translating it over to a pad.

Associate
How do you increase the amount of health potions you can carry ? I'm lvl 25 and can still only carry 4. I've seen some streamers (higher level admittedly) carrying 8-9.

Associate
These kinds of games can become very addictive if they gel with you, you are essentially in a never ending grind to get stronger as you progress through a story mode and eventually into endgame activities, all centred around killing monsters and finding/managing your gear, levelling up your skills, which in turn allows you to push higher, get better rewards and so on. They are designed to be time sinks and can potentially offer hundreds of hours of entertainment over their lifespan, it's all about the journey in these games, not necessarily the destination of how you want your character to be.

You have a number of classes to choose from when you start, all very different from one another. There are also two options of World Tier when you start, these basically modify the difficulty and rewards you receive, WT1 essentially being easy mode, WT2 being your medium mode. The other ones are unlocked once you've progressed through the main story and offer a big jump in challenge/rewards. There's no pressure to move up or down, you can do the whole thing in WT1 without issue and move up as and when you're ready. It can be played completely solo or grouping up online (which offers benefits too), there's plenty of activities throughout the world where players can bump into each other and help one another along as well.

Story wise, it's easy to follow but very lore rich so a basic breakdown doesn't do justice to all of the backstory. It's a properly dark, morally grey world where the forces of heaven and hell are stuck in a never ending conflict, often spilling into the mortal realm where you, the hero, have to rise up and fight. If you are interested in the game I'd actually consider checking out some videos recapping the story of the series so far, it will give you a very good idea of how all the world works and who the big characters are.

It's best suited for mouse and keyboard, but is absolutely fine with a controller, they've done a good job of translating it over to a pad.
Thanks, i am interested in the game, it looks completely different to what i would normally play but that interests me, think i will watch a few videos and pick it up next week, is there a preference to class for a noob? i would usually be drawn to barbarian but if that class will make the game harder i would choose another.

Basically what class is best for a noob lol

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom