** Diablo 4 Thread **

Man of Honour
Tried a thorns build instead of my dual swing dust devil build, as it's S tier in all the build lists. Bloody awful, no fun at all especially as a barbarian, just run around and let enemies kill themselves :D Sure it's good if you want to do the absolute top level pits, but no thank you

SPG

SPG

Soldato
53 and just pootling through the campaign which is quite good fun and doing the side quests I can find when it takes me into a new area.

Sorcerer seems pretty powerful, respec lots of times but seem to have found a nice lighting build that seems to fry the baddies well enough. Not sure if I need a staff or duel wield something

Soldato
So I'm just about to finish the campaign, what is next?

I hear about The Pit, does this just unlock? Anything I need to do? Can I play this with my Eternal Character or do I need to create a new one?

I've enjoyed the game but I think it's not really cut out for beginners like myself. It's not hard (I've not died much) but there are a lot of complex systems in place.

Associate
Been watching some of Raxx's live streams lately
He went into the L50 capstone with a hardcore level one character and some precrafted gear - and finished it (at level 10).
He and a 3 other guys group levelled from 1-100 on hardcore in under 4 hours... crazy stuff.

Pit you'll get the materials required to open it from NMD > 46

Last edited:
Soldato
Nightmare dungeons.

Once you get to World Tier 3 you will start getting glyphs which will open nightmare dungeons for you.
World Tier 4 is required for high enough nightmare dungeons to open the pit (ie, Nightmare dungeon tier 46).
Ok that's great thanks.

So finish the epilogue, turn up the difficulty to WT3 and then mobs will drop glyphs and I can enter a nightmare dungeon?

Associate
Ok that's great thanks.

So finish the epilogue, turn up the difficulty to WT3 and then mobs will drop glyphs and I can enter a nightmare dungeon?
Best way to get some glyphs initially is do Whispers and turn them in for a cache from the tree.
I THINK they may drop in open world but I'm not sure. They definitely drop in nightmare dungeons once you're in there.

Last edited:
Associate
So I'm just about to finish the campaign, what is next?

I hear about The Pit, does this just unlock? Anything I need to do? Can I play this with my Eternal Character or do I need to create a new one?

I've enjoyed the game but I think it's not really cut out for beginners like myself. It's not hard (I've not died much) but there are a lot of complex systems in place.

This is one of the best videos on the topic I've seen.

Last edited:
Associate
Get to 100, do helltides, level your glyphs in nightmare dungeons, do the pit (they are 5 minute mini dungeons) to get mats for levelling your gear, then do endgame bosses. I enjoy it, it's fun

Soldato
£30 was the price point this should have started at, instead full price for expansion, not worth it imo for a new class and region

£35 for an expansion is ok, but the £75 for ultimate edition is asking a bit much imho. D4 as it stands today with season 4 is actually an ok game, but the campaign needs improving drastically to make it replayable.

Back
Top Bottom