Out of date pasty

Soldato
A bit of food poisoning is good for you its character building. Said no-one, ever.

Someone I used to know bought a rancid chicken from Asda she took it back the manager thanked her and she got some compensation wasn't a vast amount but they did clear out all their freezers so it probably wasn't alone. I think he was just glad she didn't speak to the newspapers or something. I have doubts a single mouldy pasty is going to generate much excitement at the Sun though

Last edited:
Soldato
The mould probably improved the "pasty", tbh. You won't find anyone in Cornwall eating Ginsters, bar the tourists ;)
We have free pasty Wednesdays, I work in Padstow and my place buys from premiere pasty, I have the vegan Thai and it's nice tbh (well I ain't going to eat steak and its free)
I was offered a job at ginsters but declined and took redundancy.
It's always worth checking the pack seal when buying, I always do this with nuts

Soldato
That + also yolo + i'll buy some penicillin it will be ok.

If the pasty is mouldy then surely that means it comes pre-penicillined for your convenience?

Personally I've always found pasties which are past their prime to be a bit dry; if that's all you can get at the time then fair enough, but certainly wouldn't be my first choice!

Last edited:
Permabanned
I bought a ginster pasty from my local Londis and halfway through i notice some mold, i chucked it away but i don’t know if i ate any mold beofe. Sell by date is July 21st… :rolleyes:

I will complain but just curious has anyone had a similar situation and did you get any compensation?
RIP

Caporegime
If the pasty is mouldy then surely that means it comes pre-penicillined for your convenience?
Being serious for just a second, that's a misconception, isn't it? Ingesting mould (growing on [and in] food) can be extremely dangerous, last I checked.

The general advice is if you see any mould on a slice of bread, yeet the whole loaf out. I imagine this applies to older pasties, as well.

Soldato
Mould wont have spontaneously appeared because its 12 hours after the used-by date.

Depends what it is and how it's been stored. I've had bread grow mould before the best before date when I've found the bag hasn't sealed properly.

Assuming this would have been stored in the fridge though, I'd probably agree it shouldn't have grown mould 1 day after - might indicate a problem with the fridge/check other foods it's been stored with.

Back
Top Bottom