***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Man of Honour
Well that was a waste of time. OpenIV cannot be installed because it needs an online connection to download necessary files. The Openiv servers for the .com are offline but the .org where you download the installer is online hence the issue. Cannot install NVE without OpenIV.

Associate
@mrk did you give up in the end?

VisualV imo looks more realistic than any of the NVE's, QuantV's or Redux's (Redux is a bit more than a visual overhaul) out there and the performance is optimised to be better than stock which is significant considering how mods can wreck your frames.

Most mods these days come with an installer package to save copying and replacing files etc. I've managed to get VisualV working for GTA Online which is amazing as I prefer the more interactive/random world of Online over SP

Associate
I never finished 5 on the Xbox. Got it in the Steam sale for about a fiver. Looking forward to playing it on the correct platform!

Associate
For those who have modded GTA to have improved graphics etc, does it matter where you have bought the game from? Will it work if I bought from either steam or epic games? Also what website are you using to view/install these different mods?

Associate
Been playing this for the last couple of days. Just seem to find lobbies with cheaters or people who are just intent on killing you over and over again….. sigh

Soldato
So Rockstar has bought the group that is managing FiveM and RedM. Cfx.re

Given they tried to shut it down and failed years ago. I suspect they are looking to monetise it because roleplay has made it the Twitch streaming fav for the last few years.

Funny how they embrace a PC mod that has given the game so much exposure yet kill everything else.

Info

Associate
Just started playing this after finishing Red Dead. Never really given it a good try,enjoying it so far. I tried Cyberpunk but not really to keen on it so going to put some hours into this.

Does seem easy to run as well ive maxed out every setting @1440p, enabled Vsync and GPU is about 50% usage. Plenty of head room for some eye candy mods.

Associate
If you have that much usage to play with I would start with DLDSR @ 2.25x as the biggest visual upgrade. You can lower AA no need for more than MSAA x2 (MFAA enabled in NVCP) + TXAA and the game should be looking crisp

Associate
If you have that much usage to play with I would start with DLDSR @ 2.25x as the biggest visual upgrade. You can lower AA no need for more than MSAA x2 (MFAA enabled in NVCP) + TXAA and the game should be looking crisp

Ok ill look into that,the only game ive ever modded was Assetto Corsa. I was reading about Naturalvision evolved is that not a good starting point?

Soldato
Wish I could get playing this on PC. Got it free on Epic years ago, but never had a PC then. However I've spent over 3 months engaging with Epic and Rockstar and still no further forward. Apparently my Epic account is linked to a Rockstar social account that I've never heard of nor have an email matching it. Trying to get them to unlink said social account is proving hard work. Think I'll have to cave and make a new social account with a new email account. 2hy I have to log jn to the flipping thing just to play single player is ridiculous.

Man of Honour
What are people setting MXAA to? Or is it not worth using i’m playing at 1440p. I can run it at x8 but is it worth the performance hit. Not added any mods yet.
4x is more tahn enough at 1440p, I haven't played it since DLDSR became a thing else I'd be sticking it on 2x as DSR res is 5160x2160 - I did have a bunch of stuff remaining for each character too so could one day soon go back into it I guess and experience the higher fidelity crispness that DLDSR offers.

Back during launch time this game was quite hard on the hardware, but I did try it briefly with both 3080 Ti and 4090 and the additional GFX settings that you would leave default before could be now maxed out without a care in the world which was kinda cool.

Back
Top Bottom