Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
I'm def considering an 8+buds mainly due to them offering a crazy £360 trade-in on an iPhone 12 Mini!! It's in good nick generally, do they often honour the trade-in price? Anyone know if it can all be sent back easily if they take the pee? Thanks.

edit - Ordered :D

Wouldnt get your hopes up based on some of the reviews of the company...

Associate
OP
My orders have moved to preparing for dispatch.

Do you think there is anything to everyone being on embargo in regards to the screen and not being able to do anything with the phones? Was watching a video earlier and normally stuff like that means there could be issues with the device. Like if you’re confident that nothing is wrong then why the restrictions…

I’m both excited and nervous so probably reading too much into it at this point.

Soldato
The fact that Google didn't talk in much detail about the G3 is a little sus.

Lol any more conspiracy theories...

This dude said it stayed pretty cool in the setup process when downloading all the apps etc.

Add to the fact that the new Android 14 update has made a noticeable effect on thermals and speed on the 6 Pro.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I want the SoC to be as good as the next Google fanboi, but I am also realistic. They don't have a good track record here so it's for Google to prove to us.

Soldato
They definitely don't get a pass for some of the stuff they do. For me and the things I value the iPhone is a better fit. I'll happy call out either company for poor implementations and have done for many years.

I'm glad for you. Hope you keep it more than few days. :p

I don't know why it has to be a us and them mentality. Bit it always ends up that way.

• Haha
Reactions: LiE
Associate
OP
Hey not by choice I'll add, would love to get on with ProMotion but I can't. Been running my Pixel 5 in 60hz and it's fine, get more battery too as a bonus.
Wait are you getting another iPhone…?

Mate I think we need to hold an intervention for you..

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Wait are you getting another iPhone…?

Mate I think we need to hold an intervention for you..

:D

I had decided this year to get an iPhone. As you know the ProMotion on the 15 Pro gave me motion sickness (like the 14 Pro I got last year) which made me promptly return it. I've been toying with getting a Pixel 8 instead but for many reasons that are still valid I still want to go Apple. I can use the regular iPhone 15 without getting motion sickness but I've been on the fence whether I could use 60hz again. I used a 13 mini for over a year and never once had an issue with the smoothness of 60hz. So I've been running my Pixel 5 60hz and adjusted easily so I'm going to try the 15. The other features I loose from not getting the 15 Pro aren't an issue.

I've had many Pixels over the years (2, 4, 5, 6a and 7) and the 6a/7 were returns due issues. So my recent Google Pixel track record has been pretty poor, which is one of the reason I'm not holding my breath with the 8. I've never had to return an iPhone due to issues, mostly it's a me/preference return reason.

Back
Top Bottom