Google Pixel 8/8 Pro & Pixel Watch 2

Soldato
Given the 6 Pro still feels fast and smooth and now cooler to use thanks to the recent update... I really couldn't care less about peak performance as that is not the reason to buy a Pixel. The hardware is good enough to make the software shine.

And the geniuses on reddit fail to mention the pixel 8 is running at a much higher peak brightness thus generating more heat.

And with that said the Pixel 8 Pro will perform faster than a 6 Pro in real terms.

You can have all the compute power you like but it's the useful features that make the phone a good tool.

Last edited:
Associate
@Tejstar congrats on selling the pixel watch. I see you got a decent price too.
Lol - thanks. I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon early! I normally wait until the item is in hand, but thought I may as well take advantage of the 80% off eBay fees this weekend!

Should mean I get around £210 for the watch after fees/postage etc, which seems reasonable to me. There's quite a few listed at much higher prices, but preferred a quick sale for peace of mind...

Soldato
Lol - thanks. I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon early! I normally wait until the item is in hand, but thought I may as well take advantage of the 80% off eBay fees this weekend!

Should mean I get around £210 for the watch after fees/postage etc, which seems reasonable to me. There's quite a few listed at much higher prices, but preferred a quick sale for peace of mind...
Agreed. Quick sale and less faff wins over an extra few quid.

Associate
OP
pixel-watch-2-faces-1.jpg

pixel-watch-2-faces-2-1.jpg

These new watch faces look great.

Soldato
well that's the Mrs Christmas present sorted. Her current phone is years old :cry:

Regular Pixel 8 from Very with the 10% discount. Hopefully can get £100 maybe for the pixel buds

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Caporegime
I'm going with the Anker Nano II, prime week Tuesday and Wednesday so may pick one up a little cheaper.

It's £27 just now. Need to check my chargers and see if they'll do 30W, if not I might pick one of those up.

Still undecided on a case, would prefer something that works with a magnet but all very expensive.

Soldato
My concern about the watch is that it's only one size, and it looks small on a man's wrist. I have quite big wrists, so think it would look weird on me. Wonder if a case would bulk it out a bit?

Back
Top Bottom