Poll: How many games do you finish?

How many games that you start do you finish?

• Total voters
Soldato
I think the better question would be "how many games do you actually start?" And when I say start, I mean go in with the intent to actually play the game not just give it a quick look see.
This for me TBH.

I can't think of a game I've not finished but then the list of games I've yet to start gets longer day by day.

I mean I've not even bought, let alone started, Cyberpunk yet.

E: Plus the library of freebies is getting silly now

Last edited:
Soldato
Every single one, despite how bad they are.
Maybe it's some sort of OCD i'm not sure, but I even finished Starfield, and trust me at any given point I'd rather have had water torture or my fingernails pulled out, but I battled through and finished it.
Sniper Elite 5 was also as torturous to complete.

Soldato
A lot less than I start. I'm really good at getting to 90% then losing interest. Happens with TV shows too. I get pretty much all the way to the end then stop before the finale

It's my toxic trait
I do this! For me it might be 95% though. I don't really know the psychology behind it, but I have done it often enough to notice it is weird.

Associate
Maybe it's some sort of OCD i'm not sure, but I even finished Starfield, and trust me at any given point I'd rather have had water torture or my fingernails pulled out, but I battled through and finished it.
You are my exact opposite :p

As others have said, buy a game with good intentions, already down below 50% for actually launching a game and then far far less that get more than a handful of sessions let alone anywhere near completion. I think my completion rate starts with a 0 and the next characters are probably ".0".

I blame it on the simplification of things these days, by which I mean both myself and the games. Too complicated I don't have the time to learn what to do any more and don't get into it. To simple and I think I can do better. There's a very very thin line between the two that I'm not sure is even constant.

But let's be honest with ourselves here, the fun is in owning the games not actually playing them right?

Associate

Spending your leisure time doing something you don't like is not good pal

Associate
0 - 25% for me.

If you had a 0 -1% option then I be in that.

Very very rare I complete a game, probably bcz I'm just a sucker for playing/competing with other people online. Guess I don't feel I have enough time to run through and complete single player games etc

Last edited:
Associate
Not many these days, probably 0-25%. When younger money felt more important than time so mostly finished whatever I bought, but these days time is definitely more important. If I'm not really enjoying it I usually end up not finishing it

Soldato
I think the better question would be "how many games do you actually start?" And when I say start, I mean go in with the intent to actually play the game not just give it a quick look see.

Agree with this, having less time to play these days means being a lot more fussy with a) the games I buy and B) how tolerant I am of "wasting" time on a game I'm not enjoying.

I only tend to buy a game if I think I'm going to really like it, but if I'm not enjoying it after a couple of hours then it gets dropped, past that point I'd say 75-100%

Associate
Definitely 0-25% for me. Ask me when I had a Megadrive or Amiga and games were relatively sparse and then it was a lot more. I feel spoiled by games, also less time on my hands.

Permabanned
All of them, if I've got myself hyped up for a game and really done my research and tried it out, I have to see it through. Waste of money otherwise. Unless it's blatantly obvious it's stupidly broken/not what I was sold, but I dunno, I still see it through, can't think of anything I've wanted that I haven't completed - oh yeah I can, Postman Pat Simulator - Death Stranding...

However I 99% of the time skip filler content nonsense like 'side quests' / bumped into random NPC who asks me to do X. IF only they put the time spent on junk like this isn't extra main missions/story. Makes zero sense, other than a blatant excuse to pad out what's blatantly a shorter main story they CBA to write properly yet make bold claims you can spend your life playing the game :rolleyes:

Anytime I have tried side stuff, it's always rubbish and filler content/stops you enjoying the pace of the main story/progression, and after you've finished the story, who really cares...

TBF I did do all the side stuff on Starfield, but that's because I already was well aware the main story was a bit lacking and everyone vouched for how much better the side stuff actually was (for once) and 75% of that stuff was better than the main story, so I made an exception...

Last edited:
Soldato
However I 99% of the time skip filler content nonsense like 'side quests' / bumped into random NPC who asks me to do X. IF only they put the time spent on junk like this isn't extra main missions/story. Makes zero sense, other than a blatant excuse to pad out what's blatantly a shorter main story they CBA to write properly yet make bold claims you can spend your life playing the game :rolleyes:

Anytime I have tried side stuff, it's always rubbish and filler content/stops you enjoying the pace of the main story/progression, and after you've finished the story, who really cares...

TBF I did do all the side stuff on Starfield, but that's because I already was well aware the main story was a bit lacking and everyone vouched for how much better the side stuff actually was (for once) and 75% of that stuff was better than the main story, so I made an exception...

Agree with you re. pointless filler side quests, Unisoft are the worst for this, I burnt out on the AC games trying to do all the fetch quests and collect 48 million pointless little items.

There are some exceptions, I've just finished HZD, and found the side missions worthwhile, added nicely to the lore, and the majority of them were a bit more interesting than just "go here and speak to X/kill Y for reasons". The Witcher 3 was another game where I actually enjoyed the side missions rather than just doing them because they were in my quest log

Last edited:
Pet Northerner
Don
Personally in the past year I fall in the sub 25% bracket - but I think that's mostly because of the games I'm playing (such as PUBG, Factorio, Satisfactory, Minecraft etc) where I tend to play in a sandbox or online with friends and thus cannot "complete" the game.

Associate
0-25% again for me. I've never been to get diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure I have ADHD; most single player games, I play for 15 minutes then my mind wanders and I get bored. I've had Doom Eternal installed since launch and did start playing it, but stopped around the time of the DRM controversy and haven't started back again. I also have Warhammer Space Marine I've been meaning to play before the upcoming no2, but I'm barely past the first level.

I think the last single player game I completed was FFVII Remake a few months ago, and that was after having the Yuffie DLC on hiatus for like a year. after completing the main game.

Back
Top Bottom