• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
Well I've had the weekend with the 4070 Super FE and have to say I'm pretty happy. Sold my old 3070 FE for £250, so to have a new card with the raw power up there with a 3090 but all the plus side of DLSS 3.0 and a warranty, I think I've done ok. Looks like I might actually get round to playing the Cyberpunk DLC to put the card through its paces.

Soldato
4070 ti super reviews tomorrow or Wednesday?
We already know where it’ll land though, about 15% faster than a 4070ti maybe a bit more at 4k where the 70ti’s 192 bus gimped it and 10% behind a 4080 while the 4080 super will add another 5%.

I’m looking forward to sales bombing again on Wednesday so come next gen we might actually some get decent cards again.

Soldato
We already know where it’ll land though, about 15% faster than a 4070ti maybe a bit more at 4k where the 70ti’s 192 bus gimped it and 10% behind a 4080 while the 4080 super will add another 5%.

I’m looking forward to sales bombing again on Wednesday so come next gen we might actually some get decent cards again.

Soldato
It’ll be more than that in games due to the Bus increase, 15% at 1440p and 20% at 4k is my guess.

Soldato
You would be better off waiting for new cpus and 5000 series gpus then do a full rebuild as the 3080 with your current system is probably bottlenecked and you are not getting the full capability of it, the resolution you are using 3440 x 1440p will probably still get pretty decent dips on cpu bound games, so the average frame rates may look good but the dips may make it feel laggy or even stutters. But if I was you I would wait for new intel/amd cpus and doing a full new system.
It's all crossed my mind. It's that old adage of there always be something around the corner. It looks like October would be 15700K time which means that 14700K is still the new boy in town. Wonder if it's worth me just building a whole new rig now. Hmmm...

I'm so out of the loop with this stuff, always am, as I never 'upgrade' PCs other than GPU; I tend to build the core rig every 6 years or so. Is an 8700k really going to be hurting my GPU performance at my res that much? It's really hard to know without simply coughing up...

I should probably just drop the settings in Cyberpunk. In the most part it's OK, hitting steady 90FPS in places, but dogtown is a slideshow. I can't really afford to buy anything atm anyway, so I should probably just put this all out of my mind haha.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The more you buy.. the more you save!!

I should probably just drop the settings in Cyberpunk. In the most part it's OK, hitting steady 90FPS in places, but dogtown is a slideshow. I can't really afford to buy anything atm anyway, so I should probably just put this all out of my mind haha.

Oh..no

Last edited:
Soldato
Is an 8700k really going to be hurting my GPU performance at my res that much? It's really hard to know without simply coughing up...

It will probably depend per game. Where you have Frame Gen (assuming you're going for a 4xxx series), it should help.

Not sure how yours stack up against the others there, but you can get a general idea - although, probably it was tested via the in game benchmark

Soldato
It will probably depend per game. Where you have Frame Gen (assuming you're going for a 4xxx series), it should help.

Not sure how yours stack up against the others there, but you can get a general idea - although, probably it was tested via the in game benchmark

Honestly, and whilst it's probably quite foolish to chuck money just for that, the native frame gen of the RTX4000s is what is appealing the most. FSR3 from the unofficial mod has boosted FPS nicely, but there are many many artefacts and glitches that leave me wanting for the native FG.

A new 14700KF and 4080 super with a nice case is going to be £3k+ reakistically :(

Soldato
Honestly, and whilst it's probably quite foolish to chuck money just for that, the native frame gen of the RTX4000s is what is appealing the most. FSR3 from the unofficial mod has boosted FPS nicely, but there are many many artefacts and glitches that leave me wanting for the native FG.

A new 14700KF and 4080 super with a nice case is going to be £3k+ reakistically :(
Hmm... From another place:

* Cooler CPU be quiet! Dark Rock 4
* Intel Raptor Lake Refresh, Core i7 14700KF 3.4GHz box
* MB GIGABYTE B760 GAMING X AX
* Palit GeForce RTX 4080 JetStream 16GB GDDR6X 256-bit
* Montech AIR 903 Max Black
* ADATA XPG Lancer Black 32GB DDR5 6400MHz CL32 Dual Channel Kit

That's around 1870 pounds. Perhaps a bit more if you go with AMD (lol, how that sounds!). Maybe wait a bit for 4080 Super or something. No way you're going into 3k+...

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm... From another place:

* Cooler CPU be quiet! Dark Rock 4
* Intel Raptor Lake Refresh, Core i7 14700KF 3.4GHz box
* MB GIGABYTE B760 GAMING X AX
* Palit GeForce RTX 4080 JetStream 16GB GDDR6X 256-bit
* Montech AIR 903 Max Black
* ADATA XPG Lancer Black 32GB DDR5 6400MHz CL32 Dual Channel Kit

That's around 1870 pounds. Perhaps a bit more if you go with AMD (lol, how that sounds!). Maybe wait a bit for 4080 Super or something. No way you're going into 3k+...
My problem is I'm watching Jayztwocents and it has me thinking all crazy ideas. Definitely wouldn't be buying a 4080;. Hoping to get a FE Super.

I would be going whole new build,so new case, PSU, the lot. I should be able to recoup the cost of the psu by selling the rma replacement if I ever get around to sorting it out.
Depending on reviews I'll decide what to do with the 4080 super. Then maybe a new build the following month if the 8700k really struggles badly.

Soldato

I’d upgrade your cpu from the 9700k as that will be holding the 3080 back but jumping from a 3080 to any of the 4000 cards is a waste of money imo when for that money you’ll get twice the uplift by this time next year and not to mention newer features and improved FG which right now is still a beta features with plenty of issues and very few supported titles.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom