Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
What colour phone and case did you go for? Looking at the Parallax for my go to "non clear" case.
The edges look like they wrap around the phone more then my Spigen Hybrid clear, but it could just be the colour! Main concern is compatibility with screen protectors but considering Caseology is a Spigen brand I can imagine it would be fine with their own!

Just went for the all Black version of the Parallax. It arrived yesterday and is great - all edges are covered and no gap around the lenses where the flash is like the old S22U one which left a tiny part of the case exposed. It also helped immensely with the hard edge of the screen protector and I don't notice it at all now. Definitely my new favourite case, even if it is a bit dull to look at. Just a shame they can't add a MagSafe type option to it.

Finally got the phone into action last night - popped to EE and they sorted me a SIM with no issues which migrated within 5 minutes of them doing so - glad I didn't breakdown as I forgot to take the new phone with me oooops. Got it set up and it seems really responsive compared to my S22U. I just hate how long it takes to log in to everything again :( Just need to sort out the general set up now and tidy up the apps into some form of order due to all the new bloat Samsung installed.

Soldato
What are people spending their £30 credit on in the galaxy store? I never use it so a bit stumped.
that's the catch I think.. there's nothing decent to spend the money on. I looked at the themes, icon packs etc and they're all rubbish 2004 style crap, not spending even "free" money on it.

W50

W50

Associate
That sure is a big reduction from £150.

Just sent mine off today for the £150
I guess they must have been inundated with them. CEX appears to be £78 at present, but that's still way off the £150.

Excellent for those who grabbed the £150 deal though.

Reactions: cgk

cgk

cgk

Associate
I guess they must have been inundated with them. CEX appears to be £78 at present, but that's still way off the £150.

Excellent for those who grabbed the £150 deal though.

I suspect a lot of us arranged the trade-in as soon as we ordered!

Reactions: nam
Soldato
Just try it when it comes and then return if you don't like it. Samsung do a couple of other grippy type cases, one with a movable strap type thingy that can also be used for a stand and they also do another called the shield case.
Yeah I have the standing grip case. When I first put it on it wasn't very grippy, but after a few days use its roughed up a bit and is really nice now.

W50

W50

Associate
Just received 1 watch, should have got 2 :/ It says everything has been delivered as well
Out of interest, where does it show as being delivered?
Have you tried clicking on the order number in your original email from customer services?
I know my app implied everything was delivered, however when I clicked on the original order and viewed it in a browser, it showed my strap as being 'preparing dispatch'.

Just a thought, otherwise ignore me!

Soldato
Soldato
Out of interest, where does it show as being delivered?
Have you tried clicking on the order number in your original email from customer services?
I know my app implied everything was delivered, however when I clicked on the original order and viewed it in a browser, it showed my strap as being 'preparing dispatch'.

Just a thought, otherwise ignore me!
Yeah thanks, did just check and it shows everything as 'delivered'
Samsung live chat is no use, they are saying wait 2 more days

Reactions: W50
Soldato
Soldato
"We apologise for the confusion. This is a known issue with our freebies and has been raised to our support team. You have received the order completion, but you will still receive the other watch and strap. This is also documented on our end"

Soldato
How's everyone finding their battery life? I'm sorta 50/50 on it. Coming from 15pro which on paper should be worse than this but seems to last way better. Most days I end in single digit %

Used to be 20-30 range on ios. So I wonder if I'm just an extra heavy user or 6:30hrs screen on is normal.

E.g. Sunday:

Normal use
2hrs Sat nav
Sot 6ish hrs

Dead at 8pm

Last edited:
Associate
What are people spending their £30 credit on in the galaxy store? I never use it so a bit stumped.
There's not much to buy I noticed. I just used it on what few games they sell which I know are good. Dead Cells, Titan Quest and Spellforce, iirc.

Edit: Other suggestions are just microtransactions really. Genshin Impact/Honkai Star Rail/Fortnite credit can be bought with it too I believe.

Last edited:
Soldato
How's everyone finding their battery life? I'm sorta 50/50 on it. Coming from 15pro which on paper should be worse than this but seems to last way better. Most days I end in single digit %

Used to be 20-30 range on ios. So I wonder if I'm just an extra heavy user or 6:30hrs screen on is normal.

E.g. Sunday:

Normal use
2hrs Sat nav
Sot 6ish hrs

Dead at 8pm
Brilliant battery life compared to my old S20 Ultra. The S24U lasts me all day, the S20U needed 3 charges a day!

Associate
Just went for the all Black version of the Parallax. It arrived yesterday and is great - all edges are covered and no gap around the lenses where the flash is like the old S22U one which left a tiny part of the case exposed. It also helped immensely with the hard edge of the screen protector and I don't notice it at all now. Definitely my new favourite case, even if it is a bit dull to look at. Just a shame they can't add a MagSafe type option to it.

I was thinking maybe the purple one or the grey one to match my phone, but you'll not see the phone at all in that case so it doesn't really matter! :cry:

Soldato
Brilliant battery life compared to my old S20 Ultra. The S24U lasts me all day, the S20U needed 3 charges a day!
yeah battery deterioation is normal but even my 2 year old 13 pro was a bit better.

there's 2 main things I need my phone to do these days :

good battery
good point and shoot camera

currently both are nearly there on s24u.

I'll give it a few more days but it may end up on MM soon ha!

Back
Top Bottom