Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
Are GPS issues something that's widespread or down to some dodgy units?

Friend is an Uber driver and having a nightmare with his S24+, Samsung said to ship it out to them to investigate but guess not likely to do anything if it's just how GPS is in these.

Associate

Friend is an Uber driver and having a nightmare with his S24+, Samsung said to ship it out to them to investigate but guess not likely to do anything if it's just how GPS is in these.
I posted about this earlier this week and linked to this thread - https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S24/GPS-location-very-unstable/td-p/2794889

Sounds like there are a few devices with this issue. Check back a page or 2 and I've also linked to a YouTube video that shows the problem in action.

My wife's s24 is okay for directions, but the altitude readings it is getting from the satellites fluctuate wildly.

From the reading I've done, this is a widespread issue, and installing gpstest from the play store will show you how accurate your position is and which satellites you can see.

My s22 can see twice as many satellites as my wife's s24 and the accuracy on my device is significantly better.

I've toyed with getting a s24 ultra on one of the deals that have popped up of late, but I'm holding off until this problem is fixed as I use my device to track 200 or more hikes per year and for road navigation, and if it isn't accurate or has a reliable GPS connection, that is a deal breaker for me.

If I recall correctly, the s22 ultra had issues with GPS that took a few updates to fix, so I'm hopeful that a fix is forthcoming, but Samsung seem to be silent on the issue at the moment

Last edited:
Associate
Moved from the wrong thread

Just bought an s24+ to replace an S10+ and finding it really hard to hold one handed without the curved edges. Makes it feel a good centimetre wider in my hands.

Tempted to swap it for a normal s24. Anyone experienced similar or did you just get used to it?

Soldato

S24+. I've never have any issues with Strava to track my daily walks but last weekend we went to Paris and was relying on Google maps to get around and more often than not it was pointing in the wrong direction. IMsps would keep saying accuracy low and to point at a building to calibrate and it would fix it for a while then it would be rubbish again later.
I upgraded from an S21 ultra which was even worse but I assumed was a faulty unit.

Last edited:
Soldato
What codes???
Download the Samsung shop app and get 5% off with code APP5 with your first order.
150SAVE also works on the app for £150 off.
If you go on Samsung online chat (you might have to try it a few times as they're v slow at replying and sometimes useless) you can request a price match code for Argos first and they can give you another code specifically for S24 handsets.
The tricky one will be getting a birthday code for 15% off - I happen to have one in my inbox as it was my birthday last week.
Oh and don't forget to trade in an old phone for another £100-£150 off.

Last edited:
Soldato
^ Deal expired last night at midnight, it's been replaced with new deals - A Samsung watch for free with the S24 as well as some money off codes but the deals seem far worse atm. Just keep an eye on hukd because there seems to be small windows where all codes are suddenly stacking and you can get a bit of a bargain.

Associate
I ordered an S24+ last week after reading this thread, so thanks everyone for the heads up. 15% teacher (key worker) discount, £170 trade in for my S10 (again part of the teacher thing. originally I was quoted 130), £150 off with the code, and then £29 from Quidco. Phone came in at £500. I was delighted! Not due for delivery though until week after next but happy to wait at that price.

Soldato
My friend who was having GPS issues had his S24+ exchanged, exact same issue.

Was past his 30 days but Samsung just told him to return for refund without any fight.

Man of Honour
I've decided I want an S24 Ultra to replace my awesome S21 Ultra and wish I'd read this thread first, I think I may now go for an S23 Ultra.
Anyway, there was one on Marketplace not far from me for a 'too good to be true' price but for some reason I decided to look on You Tube for 'How to spot fake S24 ultras'.
I get to the house and look at the box for the IMEI, puts it into an IMEI Checker and it's a genuine S24 Ultra.
I go on the phone and type *#06# which shows me a completely different IMEI and doesn't exist on the IMEI Checker.
I then tried *#0*# and nothing came up meaning it was also fake.
If I hadn't gone on You Tube before I went I would have bought it.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Quick question

If you had the choice of an S24 Ultra for £750 or an S23 Ultra for £500 what would you buy and why?

Thanks
S24U all day every day every week every month every year.

The complete flat screen makes it a perfect phone, much prefer it to the S23U I had for 1 year previously. It's also more premium feeling, better materials, and even though there was nothing wrong with the S23U performance, this S24U performance is absolutely flawless.

Add to that screen that can go brighter, improved camera, it's a no brainer. I've used S21U (returned), S22U (returned), S23U and they all had flaws, but with the S24U I can't find any (charging speed maybe but that's just me). S24U is the best phone that's ever been made.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom