• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA 4000 Series

Soldato
To be honest, we all know what the reviews will say this time - about 3% faster than a 4080.

If you have the vaguest notion of getting one, just try for an FE bang on 2pm tomorrow - you can always cancel the order later.

Man of Honour
To be honest, we all know what the reviews will say this time - about 3% faster than a 4080.

If you have the vaguest notion of getting one, just try for an FE bang on 2pm tomorrow - you can always cancel the order later.

If the FE is even available in the UK.

Associate
Buying a 4090 now for £1600 is daft because in 9 months it'll only be worth half that, if your going to buy a high end GPU regardless if its on credit or not then at least buy at the start of the cycle to get the full value out of it.
I remember you telling me it was daft to buy a 40 series card shortly after launch because there hadn't been time for them to cut prices.

Soldato
Only decent thing about the 4080 super launch is you get people trying to flog their regular 4080's. Finally got rid of this power hungry AMD card with no cost incurred.

So they can take a bath and buy a new card 3% quicker? I think come the 5 series a normal 4080 will be cheaper though (but given Nvidia pricing I think a lot of people will just keep them)

Associate
:confused: bit of a red flag there no?

Get the cards on sale and hope the plebs won't bother to check reviews anyway. It'll still be a fast card but wha'ts the delay? Driver issues?
Apparently a lot of reviewers haven't received the cards in time.

Not sure there can be many red flags with the 4080s, it's a small bump in cores, ever so slighty faster memory and a quite nice cost reduction. Really it's going to be 5% (ish?) better than the regular 4080 and at a slightly better cost.

Man of Honour
4080 FE is 1,139 currently (launched at 1199). 4080 Super FE is 959.

Definitely a better cost.

Better the Super is quickly only available at well over £1000 though. Won't touch one over £800 myself, which isn't likely to happen, especially this far into the product cycle.

Been hoping to get a decent deal on them through work but nothing coming up lately :( and previous GPU deals were on MSI and Asus cards which I won't touch.

Soldato
I remember you telling me it was daft to buy a 40 series card shortly after launch because there hadn't been time for them to cut prices.
There probably would have been price cuts last spring if AI didn't come to the rescue for Nvidia. At this point though I think its daft to buy a 40 series card at all.

I've skipped the 40 series and been more than happy with my decision thus far.

OcUK Staff
The 4080 Super will offer a minor speed bump as the core count increases from 9728 cores too 10,240 cores and memory speed increases from 22,400MHz too 23,000MHz. As to whether NVIDIA has made any other improvements/optimisations is unknown, core clocks are similar so as others have posted expect a 3-5% performance boost, however the good news is it cost less.

OcUK will have product in stock tomorrow at 2pm from £959 inc. VAT, admittedly we are expecting MSRP stock to sell fast and supply is pretty thin on ground, but saying that we have several SKU's.

Associate
The 4080 Super will offer a minor speed bump as the core count increases from 9728 cores too 10,240 cores and memory speed increases from 22,400MHz too 23,000MHz. As to whether NVIDIA has made any other improvements/optimisations is unknown, core clocks are similar so as others have posted expect a 3-5% performance boost, however the good news is it cost less.

OcUK will have product in stock tomorrow at 2pm from £959 inc. VAT, admittedly we are expecting MSRP stock to sell fast and supply is pretty thin on ground, but saying that we have several SKU's.
How long you do plan to hold that 959 quid price?

Back
Top Bottom