Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Man of Honour
BRLnFYW.png

Should be live for the weekend!

Soldato
Content is created on calibrated displays, Apple and Samsung etc spend time and money making sure their phones have calibrated displays so that content is displayed as intended.

It's not preference, content has standards, the phones display content to those standards. Just because people like jacked up vivid settings doesn't make them correct.

I'm glad Apple doesn't allow people to mess with things.

You're forgetting the simple fact there is a vivid and natural, the names are as it says, natural should be the calibrated standard, vivid is users preference, to dismiss this is absolutely baffling it's almost like smoke screen MP tactics, just avoid the obvious.

Soldato
You're forgetting the simple fact there is a vivid and natural, the names are as it says, natural should be the calibrated standard, vivid is users preference, to dismiss this is absolutely baffling it's almost like smoke screen MP tactics, just avoid the obvious.
I don't think they are dismissing it, more so just trying to explain that natural is the most accurate colour profile, you'll see all colours as the originator of the media whether that be a picture or a video intended.

It's like Filmmaker mode on your TV, if you want the most accurate representation of how the director intended the content be consumed this is it.

Anyways they will most likely address it in an upcoming update.

Soldato
@Kanpai

There is nothing wrong with standards and a display calibrated so content is displayed the way the maker intends for it.

However, I can only assume these individuals moaning that people actually want to be able to have a different preset for their display are either not using Samsung and are possible iPhone users, the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra and previous Ultra models are a clear present of "Natural", which is as the name suggests, and then a "Vivid" mode, to gimp the "Vivid" mode to look more "natural" is quite stupid, literally the difference between Natural and Vivid is hardly anything, so either give users what they want or simply remove the "vivid" mode.

Summary - Samsung has two display modes - Natural & Vivid, Vivid is clearly not natural and to make it more "natural" doesn't make any sense what so ever.

Very conformist attitude I think from some of these individuals in here who feel like the phone maker should lock everything down.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yep I'm completely aware of the bug which is why I said and has been confirmed they will address this in an upcoming update.

However, as someone who used vivid before on Samsung and now using natural, even when the bug is addressed I think I will continue using Natural. Last phone was a 15 pro max so personal preference I appreciate the natural profile.

Associate
What acool feature
Does anyone heard of an update for the dull Vivid? I am loving the s24u but lack of vivid mode is a bit of a disappointment(and worse battery life vs s23u)
Changing the 'Contrast' in the Developer Options to medium or high seems to help a little bit until the software bug is fixed. I'm quite happy with the colours on mine with medium contrast.

Associate
Just a note that the DevCheck widget is only available if you buy the app, it's £3 and I save up Google Survey rewards to buy apps anyway so basically it's free like all apps end up being this way :cool:
Off topic:
Also check if you have access to the Play points perks. (play store>click on your profile>play points>perks)
You get a few points free every week, usually only a couple but can get upto 100/200/500/1000 depending on your level

Soldato
Worth swapping in a fold 4 for the ultra 24, I like the fold but miss the big screen of the ultras.

Anyone else doing something similar?
Do you mean missing the small screen of the Ultra. I replaced my Fold 4 for S23U before replacing that for S24, pros and cons for both depending on your use case. I like the solidness of the S23/24 and the ability to use 100% of the screen when traveling, also the screen being glass is nicer than plastic.

Soldato
It's like Filmmaker mode on your TV, if you want the most accurate representation of how the director intended the content be consumed this is it.
Here's a hot take, I don't care about the director's intent. Not all directors are good directors and most of it is subjective. I tune it to what I find enjoyable. The same way I eq my music to my taste.

Man of Honour
Off topic:
Also check if you have access to the Play points perks. (play store>click on your profile>play points>perks)
You get a few points free every week, usually only a couple but can get upto 100/200/500/1000 depending on your level
I tended to ignore play points as from early investigation into wtf they are, seems more rewards for in-app purchases like games and stuff? Even to this day having checked again, even though I have quite a few points etc, I have no idea what they are for as it's not entirely clear. You gain points for every £1 spent, you can them redeem them for ?stuff? :p

Back
Top Bottom