Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Johnson says he won't pass the Ukraine bill because it doesn't have border spending, like the bill he killed 7 days ago.

In what world does China investing in other countries have anything to do with their military ambitions? China doesn't have expansionist views, they don't have a network of military bases around the world or even (arguably close) a blue water Navy. They're very much focused on their economic growth and their military posture is pretty much exclusively focused on defence. Their only real contentious issue is Taiwan and some minor local territorial disputes.

I'm going to print this out, frame it, and hang it in the loo to keep my visitors entertained.

Soldato
republicans: won't pass Ukraine bill because there is no money on it for the border

Democrats: ok now it has border spending

Republicans: won't pass the border bill because it's an election year

Democrats: you're ******* morons

Last edited:
Caporegime

In what world does China investing in other countries have anything to do with their military ambitions? China doesn't have expansionist views, they don't have a network of military bases around the world or even (arguably close) a blue water Navy. They're very much focused on their economic growth and their military posture is pretty much exclusively focused on defence. Their only real contentious issue is Taiwan and some minor local territorial disputes.

Over the past decade China has been building island bases across the south China Sea (quite literally building the islands too in some cases) closer to other countries than China.

It very much has expansionist views

Soldato
Over the past decade China has been building island bases across the south China Sea (quite literally building the islands too in some cases) closer to other countries than China.

Apparently that's fine though because according to roar it's for defence, China is able to claim an entire ocean belongs to it because it's ok it's for defence according to roar. China is able to steal land from 10 countries in this ocean and it's ok, because it's for defence according to roar

China is following in imperial Japan's footsteps. The next step is to claim that all China's neighbours are American puppets and that Asia needs to be freed from American control and the only way to do that is to forcefully unite all the Asian brothers and sisters and to do that China must kick out the governments of all Asia and replace them with pro China governments. Its ok because the people of Asia will welcome liberation by the PLA and will welcome their new CCP leadership - all Asian brothers and sisters must unite against the white capitalist dogs who seek to hold us down!

Last edited:
Soldato
TBH it could be as relatively trivial as Russia having launched a military satellite with high resolution optical capabilities - when this war kicked off Russia was down to one fully working military satellite capable of high-res photography and that was still well behind the features and resolution of the latest Western commercial satellites never mind military and were having to rely a lot on lower resolution Russian commercial/weather satellites or what they could get from foreign satellite imagery sources.
Classified payloads go up all the time I remember in teh days of the shuttle launches a good number of them were carrying payloads that nobody would talk about what they were. Classified presumed to be military hardware

Associate
@Roar87

Is all this because you watched the 2016 John Pilger documentary, 'The coming war on China' - your views here seem to mimic its talking points.

Because I have to say, I'm no US apologist but I watched it and I have never seen a bigger load of anti-american hogwash (outside of USSR propaganda materials etc) in my entire life.

Soldato
"Out of 4,000 people, a brigade, 30% remain".Russian soldiers film the battlefield just east of Krasnohorivka, to the northeast of Avdiivka."Corpses everywhere. They're all ours.""There's war, but this... it was a meatgrinder here."Show this video to anyone who thinks russia is winning something. For every meter of Ukrainian land they take, they pay an unreasonable price. And it's waiting for them everywhere in Ukraine.

@wartranslated Twitter

Soldato

Okay buddy.

Soldato
@Roar87

Is all this because you watched the 2016 John Pilger documentary, 'The coming war on China' - your views here seem to mimic its talking points.

Because I have to say, I'm no US apologist but I watched it and I have never seen a bigger load of anti-american hogwash (outside of USSR propaganda materials etc) in my entire life.

I haven't seen that documentary, I think it would basically agree with me because China isn't actually an aspiring globalist military super power that's intent on replacing the USA, there's no evidence to support that, despite what we've been lead to believe for entirely innocent reasons (defence companies want your tax money). China of course isn't innocent, they have extensive spy networks, but what I'm saying is they aren't going to send an army of 20 million to invade Europe, Asia, or the Americas anytime in the next 50 years.

Soldato
I haven't seen that documentary, I think it would basically agree with me because China isn't actually an aspiring globalist military super power that's intent on replacing the USA, there's no evidence to support that,

Apart from the horses mouth of course

China reveals plan to become world's biggest superpower within 30 years

President Xi Jinping opens National Congress with plan to make the nation a 'global leader'​

China has outlined its plans to become the world’s biggest superpower within the next 30 years.

Xi Jinping opened the five-yearly National Congress and set out his plan for the country to become a “global leader” by 2050.

Speaking in the Great Hall of the People for 3-and-a-half-hours, the President laid out his vision for the Communist ruling party.

He said it was time for China to become “a mighty force” that would lead the world on political, economic, military and environmental issues.

Soldato
So it starts. With Xi also moving against the US, Putin and Xi must positively salivating at the potential of Trump exposing that soft American underbelly.

How can the future of world be placed in the hands of people like Mike Johnson, MTG and Donald Trump.

In good news, the democrats have picked up another seat. Johnson just needs to be replaced now and the US can get on with business.

Soldato

193737_160.jpg

These are the US bases around China, it's not impossible to understand why China might wish to secure the South China Sea as a safe trading route, but I might suggest that if the US didn't have such an aggressive posture towards them that might not be the case.

Does anyone remember the last time a Chinese Carrier Strike Group was in the North Sea? I can't.

Last edited:
Soldato
In thread related news, China also directing the US Congress to withdraw from world affairs and stop military aid.

Chinese-Russian No limits Relationship in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom