Random people let their toddler walk around my drive

Soldato
No, it's nothing to be concerned about. The reason they've done it is the kid likes playing on your gravel. As they walked passed, the kid was probably gesturing he wanted to run on your gravel, so they walked over and let him. That's the reason they've done it. They are staying off your property so they know it's your property, they're just letting their kid have a little fun. They are definitely not scoping out your house. Personally I can see they are just letting their kid have fun so I wouldn't mind this.

Soldato
It is a bit odd, they’ve crossed the road to let him walk across it. It probably is harmless like he wants to walk or see the stones. Who knows, I wouldn’t let my kids/dogs wonder into someone elses garden. They just seem to not care.

Soldato
Just to add I wouldn't cross the street to let my kid run around someone's drive. If I was walking right by on the pavement I might let him have a little fun on the gravel and then get him back. The kid has probably been past your house before and likes the gravel. It is mildly cheeky of the parents and I wouldn't do it, but it's certainly not something sinister, especially as there's no barrier between your driveway and the pavement. I would just let it go, it's not one for Crimestoppers!!

Last edited:
Soldato
No, it's nothing to be concerned about. The reason they've done it is the kid likes playing on your gravel. As they walked passed, the kid was probably gesturing he wanted to run on your gravel, so they walked over and let him. That's the reason they've done it. They are staying off your property so they know it's your property, they're just letting their kid have a little fun. They are definitely not scoping out your house. Personally I can see they are just letting their kid have fun so I wouldn't mind this.

You don't let your kid on someone elses property...

Last edited:
Soldato
The kid made a beeline straight to the front door. He didn’t spend anytime ‘playing’ on the gravel other than the time it took him to walk over it.

If you look where they put him down, you can see they were expecting him to just have a little walk on the gravel near them, they weren't expecting him to go over to the door. Kids sometimes don't do what you expect you know!

Anyway, I won't spend too much time analysing this. The key thing about this is they crossed the street and made a specific decision to let their kid play on someone's drive way, that is the slightly disrespectful/impolite part, and I would not do it. If they had just been passing on the pavement next to the house, it wouldn't have been odd. It's the fact they decided to take the kid over and play. As the driveway is right next to the pavement, you can see why they would have thought this would not cause offence, they probably weren't expecting their kid to go over to the door.

Personally I think the OP has nothing to be concerned about and I hope he can now sleep safely at night!! If he is that precious about his driveway, then he needs to get some gates.

Associate
I wouldn't let my kid wander on to someone else's property but I wouldn't be concerned at all. You can tell from their body language etc. that nothing sinister is going on, just a curious toddler. Plus he runs to go and get him as soon as he starts touching your stuff...

Back
Top Bottom