Steam sale now .... Off

Soldato
i have dorfromantik its a nice litle casul game. worth it. i think this play better on computer than board game based on my play through.
you can get some quiet nice and big land scapes!
ive been keeping an eye on Urbek: City builder, let us know how you get on with i

Soldato
Any recommendations from those who enjoyed Factorio?
Can’t really get into Satisfactory, and Timberborn doesn’t seem to have as much going for it.

Soldato
i have dorfromantik its a nice litle casul game. worth it. i think this play better on computer than board game based on my play through.
you can get some quiet nice and big land scapes!
ive been keeping an eye on Urbek: City builder, let us know how you get on with i

Is Urbek easier than Cities Skylines? That frazzles my brains.
It's really good, well worth the price and a lot easier than Skylines, but still requires some thought. My favourite part is that roads are free so you can plan out your builds before you even put down a house. I like Skylines a lot but sometimes I just want something simple that I can play while watching TV and this really fits the bill.

Soldato
Is factorio really worth £30?
personaly i feel like i got well over £60 worth of content. i did purchase it when it was cheaper but considering my current game i have 300hrs on and my previous game i had over 150hrs before modding i would say yes.
it just depends if these types of games appeal to you.
i had the game for a long time 2017 @ £15 and found it really hard to get in to (somethign just didnt click for me at the time) and only came back to it recently.
Purchased : 2017
left it untill 2021 for a whopping 155hrs (low attention span at the time)
and then came back in 2023 for 300+hrs and still have probably another 100hrs of content. - i dream of belts and pipes... -Mod : Space Exploration -which expands the tech tree emenslay and complexity (i didnt think i'd cope and and crumble but im slowly working it out peice by peice!!!)

if you dont like automation games this probably isnt for you.
the plus for me is it doesnt require high graphiccs so i can play it on my normal laptop, which makes it infintatly more portable and playable.

i guess my only warning is it can be detremental to my mental health as i can be come a bit to foused and over think things, making bed time hard as brain is still working hard.

Factorio is the main reason i got satisfactory and Dyson Sphere Program.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is factorio really worth £30?
BEST GAME EVER.
Seriously it will ruin your life its that good.

Its also getting a massive 2.0 update this year and the dev really cares about community feedback and feature requests.
They have a weekly Friday blog discussing everything they are working on with the game https://factorio.com/blog/

Last edited:
Associate
Trying to purchase Horizon Zero Dawn.
Twice now it's gotten stuck on working and twice it's failed (one email received to say it's failed and now the 2nd one is pending) :/
Hope the funds go back to my account ok.
Update.
The next morning I had 2 emails from Steam saying I'd bought the game twice :)
Refunded the duplicate copy no problems. Played about an hour so far, seems like a nice game.

Caporegime
And there we are. Biggest haul in many, many years for me this Christmas.

The Last of Us Part I - Digital Deluxe Edition
Aliens: Dark Descent
Brotato
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Superhot
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Catherine Classic
The Witness

Caporegime
Here we go again! Spring sale time. It only seems like yesterday it was Christmas. I still haven't started Aliens: Dark Descent that I bought back then. Wouldn't mind getting a few more PlayStation games though, Ratchet & Clank and Returnal are tops.

Last edited:
Associate
Still tends to be cheaper buying from key sites eg. CD keys or GMG ; makes the Steam sales rather redundant. For example, Hogwarts Legacy is on Steam for sale at £24.99 vs £20.99 on CD Keys ; or Spider-man Remastered - £29.99 on Steam vs £23.99 on CD Keys.

Soldato
I purchased a couple of games. I got Portal 2 - 85p (I Have had Portal for years and Portal 2 on the PS3) Metal Gear Rising Revengence - £7.99 and Just Cause 3 XXL Edition - £3.69 These are all for my Steamdeck. I will probably pick up RE3 remake and have been tempted with RE4 Remake but i am happy to wait till that comes down in price a bit more.

Soldato
Steam sales only ever bring the price down to what I can call normal levels. Much cheaper prices elsewhere. I only ever see the occasional game cheaper on Steam. Very rarely buy direct from Steam.

It's like the DFS sales: "This sofa (only ever worth £199), reduced from £899 now only £199!"

Back
Top Bottom