Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30th - 31st March 2024]

Man of Honour
OP
I don’t think any of these sides are capable of winning all the remaining games, it’ll go down to the wire.

Mad that people are suggesting taking 4 points from City isnt a good result. Yes a win would be ideal but it’s a good result and the last game the top 3 play against each other, The best team at the end of the season will win as it should be.

Soldato
I think we are all in agreement that we want Liverpool to win the PL for their edge of the seats hold onto your pants matches compared to Citys wake me up in 2 hours time games. Arsenal games can be entertaining but nothing on the reds.

Nah Arsenal as a neutral, easily.

City are boring, all the off field stuff, can’t have any banter with their fans. Liverpool winning it would be a nightmare far too many of them, they’ll never stop going on about it at least the last one you can say they didn’t even see it happening.

Arsenal >>>>>>> Liverpool >> City

Associate
I think Liverpool have the toughest matches left, especially the away ones. Utd and Everton aren't great but games against Liverpool are their cup finals, Villa, and Fulham are tough away games too, West Ham no pushovers. Tough home one v Spurs but on paper rest should be winnable.

Arsenal have some tough London Derby games left plus Utd away.

City look to have the easier fixtures.

Associate

City are boring, all the off field stuff, can’t have any banter with their fans. Liverpool winning it would be a nightmare far too many of them, they’ll never stop going on about it at least the last one you can say they didn’t even see it happening.

Liverpool had already won the PL before the no fans, were on for all kind of records that season. Was a big shame the fans couldn't see it, would be for any team. I haven't been to Anfield again since the last game before covid, went to every home game for about 12 years straight. Sort of depressed me out missing them win it, then no games for covid and it got a bit too expensive for me to go after, being self employed and covid years being a bit crap. Can't get a damn ticket now.

Last edited:
Soldato

An actual neutral would have man city win it all day every day. You dont bump into any of their fans, whatever they win is tainted by the 115 + charges. Basically no one gives a toss if they win anything.

Caporegime
An actual neutral would have man city win it all day every day. You dont bump into any of their fans, whatever they win is tainted by the 115 + charges. Basically no one gives a toss if they win anything.

People clearly do care, because whenever they do win something, it's always met with cheating, oil club, etc.

While people like to pretend they're a nothing club, they're not unless they're actually found guilty and face serious consequences. They've got a decent history before the takeover and had a decent following considering who they were competing with in the same city.

A lot of neutrals despise City and what they think they've done to the league.

I’ve seen a few polls over the last few months asking who they’d prefer to win the league out of the 3 and Arsenal pretty much always comes out on top.

Soldato
People clearly do care, because whenever they do win something, it's always met with cheating, oil club, etc.

While people like to pretend they're a nothing club, they're not unless they're actually found guilty and face serious consequences. They've got a decent history before the takeover and had a decent following considering who they were competing with in the same city.

I’ve seen a few polls over the last few months asking who they’d prefer to win the league out of the 3 and Arsenal pretty much always comes out on top.
Depends what you mean by the definition of neutral for me, fans of certain clubs that arent in the title race are in no way neutral for example.

Soldato

no one cares when City win anything...their own fans dont even care.

Soldato
People have an awfully funny way of showing they don’t care then.
Have you seen their celebrations? Parades etc?

You only have to come in here when its Liverpool vs Arsenal, Arsenal vs United etc to show there is a massive difference in fan bases.

Last edited:
Soldato

It’s irrelevant to me who wins it. At least if Arsenal or Liverpool win it, I can have a bit of a laugh with people about it. You can’t if City win it.

City winning it, is the most boring because they’re now winning it every year. So I don’t get why neutrals like myself would prefer them over Arsenal or Liverpool?

This is my thinking too, the problem is though they’ve got unlimited money so they won’t be found guilty of anything. Bit like John Gotti.

Caporegime
Have you seen their celebrations? Parades etc?

You only have to come in here when its Liverpool vs Arsenal, Arsenal vs United etc to show there is a massive difference in fan bases.

That has nothing to do with people saying they don't care, actually caring. I'm not talking about the size of the fanbases either, it's obvious Arsenal and United have bigger followings. That wasn’t the argument.

People are desperate for them to be found guilty and every time they win something there's comments all over social media and the mainstream media calling them cheats and so on. It's quite obvious that people care despite saying otherwise and there are plenty who don't want to see them win trophy after trophy after trophy and continue to be a “stain on the league" etc.

I just find the "nothing club" thing a bit of a cop-out. The number of kids wearing City shirts in my area alone is insane. A few years ago there were literally none. If they keep winning the PL and a CL here and there, their global following will eventually be up there.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That has nothing to do with people saying they don't care, actually caring. I'm not talking about the size of the fanbases either, it's obvious Arsenal and United have bigger followings. That wasn’t the argument.

People are desperate for them to be found guilty and every time they win something there's comments all over social media and the mainstream media calling them cheats and so on. It's quite obvious that people care despite saying otherwise and there are plenty who don't want to see them win trophy after trophy after trophy and continue to be a “stain on the league" etc.

I just find the "nothing club" thing a bit of a cop-out. The number of kids wearing City shirts in my area alone is insane. A few years ago there were literally none. If they keep winning the PL and a CL here and there, their global following will eventually be up there.
I remember a couple of seasons ago, after City won the title thanks to another result, they went to the stadium to see the celebrations, obviously expecting lots of fans to be partying. There was about 15 people there with a couple of scarves and flags. It was farcical.

Back
Top Bottom