Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30th - 31st March 2024]

Soldato
That has nothing to do with people saying they don't care, actually caring. I'm not talking about the size of the fanbases either, it's obvious Arsenal and United have bigger followings. That wasn’t the argument.

People are desperate for them to be found guilty and every time they win something there's comments all over social media and the mainstream media calling them cheats and so on. It's quite obvious that people care despite saying otherwise and there are plenty who don't want to see them win trophy after trophy after trophy and continue to be a “stain on the league" etc.

I just find the "nothing club" thing a bit of a cop-out. The number of kids wearing City shirts in my area alone is insane. A few years ago there were literally none. If they keep winning the PL and a CL here and there, their global following will eventually be up there.
I dont think its about people wanting them to be found guilty, they just are...everyone knows they are its if they can somehow get away with it.

Im sure there global following will naturally grow and people will still rightly call them a plastic club that have cheated their way to success. The club is soulless, its a nothing club, it means nothing to anyone apart from a few that go to the stadium and even half of those dont care.

Wasnt it Ole at United who rested everyone vs City in a game they still had a chance of winning the title a few years back with to go full strength vs Liverpool a few days later just to try and stop us getting top 4?

No one cares about City.

Soldato
I remember a couple of seasons ago, after City won the title thanks to another result, they went to the stadium to see the celebrations, obviously expecting lots of fans to be partying. There was about 15 people there with a couple of scarves and flags. It was farcical.
Exactly. I was cringing for them, its embarrassing. If Arsenal win the league this season then streets would be rammed in celebration, if Liverpool win it there will be over half a million people at the parade.

Caporegime
I dont think its about people wanting them to be found guilty, they just are...everyone knows they are its if they can somehow get away with it.

Im sure there global following will naturally grow and people will still rightly call them a plastic club that have cheated their way to success. The club is soulless, its a nothing club, it means nothing to anyone apart from a few that go to the stadium and even half of those dont care.

Wasnt it Ole at United who rested everyone vs City in a game they still had a chance of winning the title a few years back with to go full strength vs Liverpool a few days later just to try and stop us getting top 4?

No one cares about City.

It is definitely about people wanting them to be found guilty. Why wouldn't you want that if you think they are? Otherwise they keep winning and growing legitimately, which isn't good for clubs like yours?

You still have tens of thousands of genuine City fans attending games and the scene Rob talks about above was fabricated to make it look like no one was celebrating. There were thousands celebrating elsewhere at the same time.

You can also clearly see tens if not hundreds of thousands of fans at their treble parade last season. It may not be on a par with Liverpool doing the same thing, but it's not just a handful of fans, as some people like to make out.

The way people are talking about them and have done over the years doesn't smack of a club they don't care about. People often say they don't care about all sorts of things when deep down you know they do.

Last edited:
Don
I wasn't able to watch either match today but job done with those results. The next couple of weeks will decide the title imo. Arsenal have got a tricky run of games in and around their CL tie(s) and we're going to still be without a few key players - how both sides deal with those challenges will go a long way to determining whether they can go the distance. Both will need to be a few points clear of City going into the 2nd half of April before you'd fancy them for the title.

Man of Honour
Just reflecting on the game last night, that could be the death knell for Ten Hag. It just shows the Liverpool game was a complete one-off.

These performances are just beyond appalling now, a fortune spent, 18+ months of coaching and we're as poor as I've ever seen.

Not acceptable on any level.

Soldato
Just reflecting on the game last night, that could be the death knell for Ten Hag. It just shows the Liverpool game was a complete one-off.

These performances are just beyond appalling now, a fortune spent, 18+ months of coaching and we're as poor as I've ever seen.

Yeh tend to agree.

'Stick to the plan', genuinely no idea what plan he's on about!

Caporegime

Can you have another one off next week against Pool please

Caporegime
Yet another huge game Haaland fails to score. Believe me yet that this guy is massively over rated? But he will get a brace against Palace when they are 2-0 up.

Never scores in the huge games that matter, semi finals or finals. When it gets tough he’s a whinging bag of nothing.

Caporegime
Yet another huge game Haaland fails to score. Believe me yet that this guy is massively over rated? But he will get a brace against Palace when they are 2-0 up.

Never scores in the huge games that matter, semi finals or finals. When it gets tough he’s a whinging bag of nothing.
Saliba and Gabriel have had no trouble at all shutting him out for both games this season. They’ve had much tougher games against the likes of Olly Watkins and Jarrod Bowen this season.

Soldato
Them Rodri stats are mad.

Isak scored a penalty past two different keepers at the weekend, only the second player in the premier league era to do it. Anyone know the first?

Soldato
I remember a couple of seasons ago, after City won the title thanks to another result, they went to the stadium to see the celebrations, obviously expecting lots of fans to be partying. There was about 15 people there with a couple of scarves and flags. It was farcical.
Of course it would be entirely normal to expect tens of thousands of fans to be at a stadium waiting on Forest to beat Arsenal. It is unusual that City fans hadn't prepped for it, it was obvious really.

City fans used to get banter because the team was rubbish and their local rival was winning the lot, now they can't use that one its just the classic, "you got no fans".

You are the Wealdstone raider and I claim my £1.

Saliba and Gabriel have had no trouble at all shutting him out for both games this season. They’ve had much tougher games against the likes of Olly Watkins and Jarrod Bowen this season.
The media seem to be falling over themselves today to give them credit for how they dealt with Haaland. So, is Haaland crap or did Saliba and Gabriel have to put in MOTM displays to stop him. I don't think it can be both.

Back
Top Bottom