Shogun

Caporegime
I think the plot is heading towards...

he will march to Osaka with the pretext he is surrendering, only for his army to go with him, get close/into the city without being opposed. Since he doesn't have the numbers to do open battle warfare anymore. Then do his Crimson Sky from there.

Had the kid be successful he might have ruined that entire plan.

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably the best series I seem in a long while, sold 9/10 from me so far. But anyone else watching this legally from Disney+ having glitches with the subs? Some subs would appear for a split second making them unreadable.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Probably the best series I seem in a long while, sold 9/10 from me so far. But anyone else watching this legally from Disney+ having glitches with the subs? Some subs would appear for a split second making them unreadable.

Yea happens a few times per episode. I have to back 10s and they appear the 2nd time properly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeap, he knew what the stakes were, he knew what had to be done for the act to be convincing to others, and yet he didn't hesitate, with both people knowing it had to be done, no matter the personal cost to each but unable to change anything without risking failure. Then you add in Mariko's tea scene and once again the subtle acting continually on show, with little eye movements, flinches, facial ticks etc demonstrating the immense emotional control they're showing, until it slips, was just superb!

Last edited:
Associate
One of the best shows in a long time and its popularity will hopefully convince other companies like HBO to pump some money into other ludicrously expensive historical epics.

On a side note, ancient Japan was a pretty serious place, don't think I've seen a single character smile, laugh or joke in the entire 8 episodes.

How they go from this to Takeshi's Castle !

Caporegime
One of the best shows in a long time and its popularity will hopefully convince other companies like HBO to pump some money into other ludicrously expensive historical epics.

On a side note, ancient Japan was a pretty serious place, don't think I've seen a single character smile, laugh or joke in the entire 8 episodes.

How they go from this to Takeshi's Castle !

But they do love a good pillow!

Soldato

It's like the whole country had "in public" OCD/repression - Outwardly they tried to make sure that everything must be "just so" and exactly right, everything was made into a precise ceremony, everything had to be done perfectly, everyone had to be shutdown and guarded with any obvious outward emotion which disrupts the "perfection" being punished etc yet as soon as they were behind closed doors they were utter drunken louts and sex pests prone to violent outbursts they couldn't show publicly.

I love it as a historical time period but I can easy see how the "lax'ness" of the Western world would lead to massive culture shocks in both directions, and the "death cult" nature of their extreme slave-ishness to death being a great honour would've been extremely disturbing to Westerners of the time (see WW2 for more of the same).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom