Shogun

Associate
I wasn't as impressed with it as some, but it was still a good watch. Nowhere near peak GOT IMO.

I don't think that's a particularly fair comparison. GoTs better moments where often a lot louder then those in Shogun, not too mention that the former has extreme fantasy elements that help prop up the more tense moments. Not to say that they don't share themes of course, but GoTs certainly felt a bit more broad.

Associate
I don't think that's a particularly fair comparison. GoTs better moments where often a lot louder then those in Shogun, not too mention that the former has extreme fantasy elements that help prop up the more tense moments. Not to say that they don't share themes of course, but GoTs certainly felt a bit more broad.

I think peak GOT is better than Shogun by some margin, that's just my assessment. Someone compared it to GOT earlier, and that made me ponder on it.

Soldato
I really enjoyed this remake, much more than the 1980s version. I don't have an issue with them milking it for another 8 seasons and using their creative license to weave multiverse into the story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom