This is getting ridiculous (energy prices - Strictly NO referrals!)

Associate
We've just about turned the heating off, this winter it's cost us about £320 to heat the house which is not too bad since it was on 24/7 at 21c for all rooms since October. My electric has been averaging around £85 a month regardless of winter or summer but I have several computers/servers on 24/7 and work from home with a works and personal machine on, dehumidifier running to keep downstairs to 60% etc

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheapest I've ever seen it on agile tomorrow, dropping to negative 8.82p/kwh in the afternoon here.

Just switched to octopus from scottishpower, using a referral link from a family member, so should hopefully be able to go agile or tracker. We shall see. ScottishPower put the service charge up to 68p/day vs Octopus at 65p which tbh is already insanely high. Based on these costs my bill will be as much per month in summer as it was in winter 2 years ago!

Soldato
Just switched to octopus from scottishpower, using a referral link from a family member, so should hopefully be able to go agile or tracker. We shall see. ScottishPower put the service charge up to 68p/day vs Octopus at 65p which tbh is already insanely high. Based on these costs my bill will be as much per month in summer as it was in winter 2 years ago!
If you use power between 4-7pm tracker will probablybe better otherwise agile will win.

Soldato
If you use power between 4-7pm tracker will probablybe better otherwise agile will win.

It's maybe not that simple. Octopus Compare is showing that Agile has been cheaper for me so far this year, and that's without load shifting.

I switched to Agile from Tracker yesterday as I can easily shift my EV charging to midnight onwards, making the savings even larger.

Agile peak pricing has dropped to an average of maybe 25-30p per kWh lately, which really dampens the tariff's traditional drawback.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom