Manor Lords

Soldato
Just under 3 weeks before this is released. Really looking forward to this. The demo was thoroughly enjoyable. I don't like that games are released as early access games but for this one I think I'll have to buy it.

There's some new footage in this video showing a bit more what the battles look like.

Man of Honour
OP
Just under 3 weeks before this is released. Really looking forward to this. The demo was thoroughly enjoyable. I don't like that games are released as early access games but for this one I think I'll have to buy it.

There's some new footage in this video showing a bit more what the battles look like.

Yup I enjoyed the demo of this as well, plus...added bonus...its on gamepass :)

Associate
WTAF is that video thumbnail about. Adds absolutely nothing other than making me want to punch the screen.
It's cringe isn't it. I don't like that they're selling out to the yt algorithm overlord but I understand it. The expressive thumbnails get more clicks which juices how much the overlord promotes it.

Soldato
For those that played the demo is combat like total war or is it fp interactive?

There was no combat in the demo but it is very similar to total war by the looks of it, you can see in the video above the dragging of units just like in total war. The combat won't be as big a focus of the game as Total war though and I believe the battles take place in the town you have built, so no going off to a empty battlefield to fight.

battles seem like a hybrid of Caeser 3 and total war.

Soldato
I'm looking forward to giving this one a go, I haven't managed to play the demo but I'm excited for a city builder with a little bit more going on.

The combat looks well fleshed out as that is often just a numbers game in these types of games.

I sure am looking forward to this, as it all ears everyone who wants anew rts is, but I do fear that may end up feeling great but under developed, in that it has some fresh new ideas but she to the small development team, it just doesn't have the hours put into it needed to make it feel full and take advantage of the new ideas they have. I hope I'm wrong, as I really do want a new city builder game, one with a purpose. It's a shame the fighting isn't fp. I'd love an rts where you're the king, where you build your city in a similar way to how you do with age of empires, but battles are more like the old LOTR return of the king game, or even the for honour games, but you can now raid other towns/castles and do the fighting as the hero, or control like in age of empires. And the same for your own place, it gets raided/attacked, you can chose to help fight directly as the king, or control and organise and instruct from above

Associate
I sure am looking forward to this, as it all ears everyone who wants anew rts is, but I do fear that may end up feeling great but under developed, in that it has some fresh new ideas but she to the small development team, it just doesn't have the hours put into it needed to make it feel full and take advantage of the new ideas they have. I hope I'm wrong, as I really do want a new city builder game, one with a purpose. It's a shame the fighting isn't fp. I'd love an rts where you're the king, where you build your city in a similar way to how you do with age of empires, but battles are more like the old LOTR return of the king game, or even the for honour games, but you can now raid other towns/castles and do the fighting as the hero, or control like in age of empires. And the same for your own place, it gets raided/attacked, you can chose to help fight directly as the king, or control and organise and instruct from above

Your wish sounds like Middle Earth Shadow of War - Give it a try if you haven't - it's an awesome game (there's a free demo on steam)

Soldato
There's a publisher onboard now (Hooded Horse) and I believe later on in development he's had a bit more help from others, but largely this is still Slavic's work/oversight.

I can't remember how long I have been speculatively watching this, on and off. Always seemed a very slow burn, in terms of development. In that respect it reminded me of Ostriv's pace of progress.
It does seem to be well anticipated and hopefully it will be a very successful EA launch. Perhaps that will allow more to be added to the team of one, for continued work on the game etc.....if that is what the dev wants.

Last edited:
Soldato
He's likely playing it safe and not spending loads of money hiring prior to finding out sales numbers. Nothings guaranteed until the money is in your bank. I believe Steam holds the money for a while too?

Soldato
It will, for me, be a game to watch and see how the development goes, once released into EA.
It is not as tho I don't have a massive backburner of games to last for a very long time..!

Back
Top Bottom