Time for fuel cell / hydrogen car?

Soldato
Our love affair for high performance needs to end, we need to embrace high efficiency instead.

Yep, and you can't get much more efficient that putting clean, cheap, electricity generated on my roof into my car with a small (38kWh) battery, that does 5-6mpkWh.

EVs are an utter nonsense, they are far less ‘green’ even than there IC alternatives.

That sentence is utter nonsense.

Soldato
That sentence is utter nonsense.
EVs ‘work’ for a select few, as they have not yet been adopted by the majority.
The environmental catastrophe that is EOL EVs is yet to arrive.
Also, what is the environmental cost of the implementation of the required charging network for mass EV uptake?
We have been over this time and time again.
EVs have been rejected by the majority of motorists. They are an evolutionary dead end.
Nothing more to say on this, my feelings on here are well known regarding the EV nonsense.

Soldato
They're made from the same materials as every other car. Presuming you're talking about the batteries, then companies already recycle them into home batteries which help to further reduce our CO2 emissions.

Also, what is the environmental cost of the implementation of the required charging network for mass EV uptake?
An average EV on an average grid day produces less than 25% of the CO2 emissions of an average ICE vehicle; on a good day it's in the single-figure percentage. So the environmental cost is negative.

Soldato
EVs ‘work’ for a select few, as they have not yet been adopted by the majority.
We have been over this time and time again.
EVs have been rejected by the majority of motorists. They are an evolutionary dead end.
Nothing more to say on this, my feelings on here are well known regarding the EV nonsense.

Yep your nonsense is well known, no need to regurgitate it every few months, while the rest of the world moves on you can stay firmly in the past. Your inability to learn anything about modern power distribution, generation, storage and battery recycling leaves nothing to the imagination, ignorant luddite perhaps.

Soldato
The grid intensity here is 19gCo2/kWh, I don’t think I’ve seen it so low.

The ~30kwh of solar I will have pushed out today probably helped a tad.

Soldato
Yes like the CEO of Toyota perhaps. :p
Yep, poor bloke will be forced to fall in his sword pretty soon, and Japan will be asking why they let there arch nemesis China steal their industry while they were napping on the job like a Spanish builder taking a siesta. I mean look at the UK car industry.. oh wait there isn't one really.

Soldato
Probably worth reading the following article.

Seems MAN don't even think Hydrogen will be suitable for HGV's let alone cars for at least a decade, so to prove it they are building a couple of hundred.

Soldato

250 mile range, 10 re-fuelling stations in the entire place, and it takes 20+ mins to refill? Oh and it isn't green hydrogen, which makes it questionable in terms of sustainability. See comment above give it another 10+ years.

Soldato
The grid intensity here is 19gCo2/kWh, I don’t think I’ve seen it so low.

The ~30kwh of solar I will have pushed out today probably helped a tad.
We're below 5gCO2/kWh here in the North West until 3pm today! One advantage of being so close to all the windfarms just off the coast :D

Back
Top Bottom