Poll: Official 2024 Chinese Grand Prix Race Thread - Shanghai International Circuit - Race 5/24

Rate the China race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm going to set the over/under on the number of laps it takes Verstappen to be leading. Let's say... 5.5. Any takers?
I'd say .5

Dont remember Max making a bad start in 2 seasons. He'll be 2nd after the first few corners and unfortunately Lando will let him by without much fight per usual.

I'll be delighted to be wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd say .5

Dont remember Max making a bad start in 2 seasons. He'll be 2nd after the first few corners and unfortunately Lando will let him by without much fight per usual.

I'll be delighted to be wrong.
So will I as you appear to be suggesting something about Lando that isn't correct as he's shown quite spirited defence in the past. However there is a distinction between knowing that you're going to be be overtaken by a faster car, and Lando's is much slower on the straights, what ever efforts are made to resist it and putting up meaningless resistance. There simply is no point in using up tyre life so Lando will use his head.

Last edited:
Soldato
As Bernie once said, maybe we should install sprinklers track side for certain races!
99% of wet races are just good viewing as it makes it more about driving ability. The car's aero or engine specs don't become a bottleneck even way down the field. Lewis and Alonso are rain masters. Max is not reknown for it and although I don't know actual stats, it feels like he's not had as many wet races in his title winning seasons compared to champions of the past.

Caporegime
Alonso is team Max so I'm not so sure about that. I definitely want to be wrong about that

Max and Alonso might be chums off track; but that doesn't mean he's going to give him an inch on track. After all, this was last NYE:

sntGjcF.png

Soldato
SQ3 was awesome! Just goes to show how much power these cars have and the high skill of the drivers!

Fingers crossed for changing weather conditions for the races(s).

Seeing everyone queuing at the pit exit before SQ3 - isn't that a massive risk when expecting rain?!
If it had rained massively before the green light, the FIA when say it's a wet track and inters required. The cars aren't allowed to reverse in the pits, and wouldn't be allowed on track. Could have been absolute chaos!

Associate
Max and Alonso might be chums off track; but that doesn't mean he's going to give him an inch on track. After all, this was last NYE:

sntGjcF.png

Lol well I don't think they'll be doing that again anytime soon after what happened at Albert Park.

I want you to be right, I'd like to see Alonso race/defend against Max like he does with most other drivers

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Lol well I don't think they'll be doing that again anytime soon after what happened at Albert Park.

I want you to be right, I'd like to see Alonso race/defend against Max like he does with most other drivers

Alonso is smart enough and experienced enough to know there's zero point in defending against the current Red Bull; its just part of modern racing.
Seen it before; no-one bothering to fight the Mercs/Ferrari/Red Bulls/McLaren's before when they're so much quicker its pointless

Last edited:
Associate
Alonso is smart enough and experienced enough to know there's zero point in defending against the current Red Bull; its just part of modern racing.
Seen it before; no-one bothering to fight the Mercs/Ferrari/Red Bulls/McLaren's before when they're so much quicker its pointless
RB will likely murder teams on the long back straight.

Soldato
Looks like it's going to rain Saturday morning before the sprint but prob stop before the start. Track might be wet when it starts.

Race on sunday looks dry

I think a better format for a race weekend would be 2 practice sessions on a Friday
Grand Prix quali and sprint race on Saturday
Grand Prix Sunday.

Sprint race be reverse order championship and make it 20 laps of overtaking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom