Poll: Official 2024 Chinese Grand Prix Race Thread - Shanghai International Circuit - Race 5/24

Rate the China race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I had the highlights on just now and he said the same for Norris too. And thus we have the biggest issue with these years of RB dominance. When P2 won’t (or can’t) even fight P1 it’s ridiculous. I’ve seen murmurings of commentators/journalists saying that it’s getting to the point where MV’s titles are going to be tainted because he’s literally not had to race anyone for 3 years.

His first one will forever be tainted, and rightly so. That title should belong to Lewis.

The other two, he absolutely deserves. He's been untouchable in the latter part of 22, 23 and now 24 . How fast he is compared to Perez shows how much talent he has too and that it isn't just the car. Even if you have the best car, you still have another driver in that same car, and Perez still struggles to beat the better drivers in slower cars..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Perez was poor. As much as I like perez. Wish could see someone else in that seat.
Stroll.... Lol
Sargent.. Poor as usual too

I know RB have little incentive to change but I wish more than anything that they put someone better in that other RB seat. Max still might win the title potentially, but I think any of Hamilton, Alonso, Norris, Leclerc or Russell could at least make him work for it!

Soldato
His first one will forever be tainted, and rightly so. That title should belong to Lewis.

The other two, he absolutely deserves. He's been untouchable in 22 and 23 really. How fast he is compared to Perez shows how much talent he has too and that isn't just the car. Even if you have the best car, you still have another driver in that same car, and Perez still struggles to beat the better drivers in slower cars..
Quite right, how anyone could state ALL his WC achievements are tainted beggers belief and truly demonstrates they are not at all a proper F1 fan, just a sad Red Bull Hater. Any driver and team who manages to wins a race, let alone a WC, deserves every credit and proper F1 pundits, those with any credibility, all acknowledge this.
Shame that some cannot appreciate the talent that is Max.

Last edited:
Associate
personally from a team perspective i don't think it's a good idea to have 2 #1 drivers, you're more likely to have both drivers crashing one of both out or damaging the team race more than if you have a #1 and a solid #2 driver

Associate
personally from a team perspective i don't think it's a good idea to have 2 #1 drivers, you're more likely to have both drivers crashing one of both out or damaging the team race more than if you have a #1 and a solid #2 driver

I agree but feel like Perez is barely a solid #2. A solid driver would not have battled with other cars as much as Perez has, he would just cruise to second place behind Max every week. That said he has at least improved from last season where at times he barely looked like he belonged in F1.

Associate
22 is still debatable given that a lot of the 22 car development was during the illegal 21 budget cap breach.
The other teams were so bad and the overspend minor. Not saying there wasn’t some advantage gained but people are dreaming if they think RB wouldn’t have won regardless.

Associate
The other teams were so bad and the overspend minor. Not saying there wasn’t some advantage gained but people are dreaming if they think RB wouldn’t have won regardless.
So if someone is caught cheating they shouldn't be disqualified if it's likely they would've won anyway?

Caporegime

Absolutely. For the constructors, it's perfect to have one brilliant driver who sails away into the distance winning every race and one who can finish between 2nd and 4th most races.

No rivalry or battles or risks of double DNFs.

I can see why RB stick with Perez (although last year I had my doubts that he was even being a good enough no.2 for them...), but for the viewers/fans it really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom