Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Soldato
Not for me :) an Orange contract phone here, Kies shows nothing (unless i'm doing it wrong, I presume I just press "update firmware" and it should say there is a new version?)

After a ton of hassle getting Kies to connect, no update for me. O2 bought phone. Just says its already on the latest firmware even thought its an early build.

Soldato
Some people report a less then steller wireless reception other then that the hardware is sound, software wise the most common complaint is lag but that is easily cured with a simpe software mod.

Soldato
Some people report a less then steller wireless reception other then that the hardware is sound, software wise the most common complaint is lag but that is easily cured with a simpe software mod.

a lot of popele said there wireless/3g problems are gone with JM5 and samsung is really working hard on this phone so any problem you have should be gone sooner or later. The phone its self is just amazing.

Soldato
Can anyone help me? My Push GMail doesn't seem to be working. When I want to recieve new mails I have to go into the App and hit refresh. Is it because I turned all sync settings off?

Soldato
Can anyone help me? My Push GMail doesn't seem to be working. When I want to recieve new mails I have to go into the App and hit refresh. Is it because I turned all sync settings off?

Yea if you keep sync on it should be fine, I use SwitchPro widget and just turn on sync when i wanna check my mail and it always works fine for me.

Also im on JG5 with lag fix 1.0 and my battery is draining Fast so Im gonna update to 2.3 soon and wanted to know about you guess experience with it.

Also Im thinking to go from JG5 to JM5, I tried Jm1/2 before but just hated the lock screen lols But I use Lockbot now so that is not a problem anymore, just wanted to know if there was any big bugs I should know about before flashing it.

Soldato

a lot of popele said there wireless/3g problems are gone with JM5 and samsung is really working hard on this phone so any problem you have should be gone sooner or later. The phone its self is just amazing.

From my experience Samsung seem to be good at fixing faults and stuff and providing updates, so I'd be inclined to believe that to be the case.

If I buy a new one in roughly a months time, would it come with the latest firmware and **** do we reckon?

Soldato
Right then, you've all tempted me to do this lag fix and firmware upgrade malarky. Tried looking for it a few pages back but can't find it, can anyone send me the link to the step by step guide please. And also how to back everything up first!!

Soldato
Can I apply the new update via Kies even if my phone is rooted? Also I can't seem to get exchange working with the default mail app. I've tried two different accounts, both give me "Unable to open connection to server". Any ideas?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom