Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Associate
Does it matter what class memory card is used with this phone? Was thinking of getting a 32GB Sandisk but I can only find class 2 cards.

Also, anyone know if you can buy metal battery covers for these phones?

Soldato
OK I have this phone, just a quick question.

I have it set to silent mode with vibrate which is fine, however I am not getting vibrations for other notifications ( eg texts and emails) is there anyway to set this up without having any tones?

alx

alx

Soldato
just read this review here:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone...iphone-4-vs-samsung-galaxy-s-702739?artc_pg=9

They recommend the desire as a better phone over the iphone/Galaxy S?

But I thought the Samsung S galaxy was the newer phone ?

It is, but it suffers a bit for lag due to samsung using a sub par file system setup. If you're technically minded there is a fairly simple lag fix which really improves the phone.

It's probably got the best hardware of any phone, just the software isn't quite up to scratch atm (it's hardly bad though).

Associate
Boooo went to buy my SGS today as they had lots in stock when I checked at the weekend. Only to discover they need to sent them all back as they were locked/branded to orange. :( on the list to be called when they get next delivery.

Soldato
Associate
Any previous owners of the Desire that now own the Galaxy? is the Galaxy a much better phone than the Desire?

I'm quite tempted to get the Galaxy because of the screen.

Associate
Meine eyes zey haf been defiled!

Big screenie there

What rom btw zippo?

Related note, just ordered on thursday.

Beepy.co.uk

Tmobile
£30 per month
18month
£140 cashback (every 5 months or so you send in a form)
£40 cashback via quidco
includes unlimited internet
600min
500text

Have you received this yet? I am tempted by this, was planning on going sim free and carrying on with the PAYG tmobile sim in my pulse but this is a pretty good deal given that I will likely need some minutes shortly.

Have you used beepy before?

Thanks
Ian

Back
Top Bottom