which is the best Touchscreen Phone right now?

Associate
hi.

i have owned a N73 for round 3-4yrs now...and plan on getting a touchscreen phone.

i dont know that much about phones since i havent bought 1 for a long time.

but...which is the best you would recommend?

from what ive heard:

iphone 4g - is rubbish...(think it was signal/connection problem)
iphone 3gs - low battery life (needs recharging like every now and then)
blackberry - slow startup (i think =/ )

well..any suggestions and why?

thanks

Caporegime
iphone 4g - is rubbish...(think it was signal/connection problem)

Simply not true. Yes they have signal degredation when being gorilla gripped, but they aren't as bad as (anti-apple) people make out.

iphone 3gs - low battery life (needs recharging like every now and then)

I didn't find I was charging my iPhone 3GS more than I'm charging either my Nexus One or my HTC Desire, but then people's milages with battery life will always differ with usage patterns.

blackberry - slow startup (i think =/ )

Whilst true, how often do you honestly restart your phone or perform a cold boot? Yes they are slow at starting up, but given you do it maybe once a week (at most), it's a bit of a paltry reason to dismiss one, especially if it has the featureset you are looking for. However, the two BlackBerry touchscreen phones (Storm and Storm II) are... odd. I've got a Storm, and whilst I appreciate the platform, and the services it offers, the "clickable" touchscreen is bizzare. I'm hoping the new BlackBerry Torch with OS6 is a pleasant experience, but I'm yet to get hold of one.

well..any suggestions and why?

I'm reviewing the Galaxy S, the HTC Legend, and the HTC Wildfire next week for work, and will be comparing them to my iPhone 4, HTC Desire and Nexus One, so should have some good comparisons early next week.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
how much do ya want to spend per month? unless you plan to buy out right.

yes the blackberrys take a very very long time to boot up as I keep having to turn my sisters off pull the battery and back on again, as shes too lazy to update the thing.

I ve got a HTC legand, its perfect for me, its the right size, the screen isnt small, but its not too big ethoir...it feels quick enough as well. the only thing it loses off the desire is the HD, but to be fair, if you wanna record in HD why don't you get a HD camcorder/camera? they are going to beat a phone at it.

with that said, the wildfire is ideal as well althrough the screen res is a bit poor ( ideal if you have poor eye sight or just lazy) but its quite a bit slower than a legand in somethings as it keeps having to rerender all the time.

the battery life on them all would well suck compared to what your used to. even if you rooted them and declocked them..but than again if you do that to a galexy S or a desire than whats the point of having it in the first place?

Last edited:
Soldato
have people mentioning the wildfire even tried one ? worst phone ive ever touched!

OP it completely depends on what you want from your phone and what size and spec hardware you want. there is no 'best'

Associate
OP
well...price range would be max £250? i gess

lol...

i will prob use for music.....internet browsing...taking pictures....video capture...games(sometimes)...dno about apps since i dont own a touchscreen phone yet.

a friend recommended the phone 'droid x' ....looked it up...and cant really find how much it is in the UK =/

Last edited:

AMG

AMG

Soldato
have people mentioning the wildfire even tried one ? worst phone ive ever touched!

OP it completely depends on what you want from your phone and what size and spec hardware you want. there is no 'best'

yes, but my reqirments are different to yours....but the legand is better... :p

out of all honestly, the phone is very inpressive for its price of course, plus its got HTC sense which is a plus for some and a light/flash

Soldato
I own a 3GS personally and the battery lasts a day... like any half decent smartphone out there...

Used a mates Desire a while back and I just didn't feel it was... polished as the i4 is.

But for a budget of £250 the best iPhone you will get is a second hand 3GS, so I guess a desire is the way forward :p

Caporegime
I own a 3GS personally and the battery lasts a day... like any half decent smartphone out there...

Used a mates Desire a while back and I just didn't feel it was... polished as the i4 is.

But for a budget of £250 the best iPhone you will get is a second hand 3GS, so I guess a desire is the way forward :p

the desire is over £400 brand new

Soldato
^
That's down to the overpriced ip4 being released, before it was £350...

Op, unfortunately the Droid x isn't available in the UK.

Try out the new Samsung galaxy Apollo, it has similar specs to the 3gs, one of the most responsive screens and is only £180 on payg.

There's also a few new phones coming out in October that might be worth waiting for, the desire HD, g2, acer liquid metal and the Nokia n8 (worth a look if the price is right)

Edit: forgot to say, Samsung galaxy tab if you want the ultimate touch screen phone! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I had the Galaxy S the Desire and the Iphone 4 and my personal opinion the I4 was the best out of the lot.

If i was going Android i would take the Galaxy S lovely phone bigger screen and better screen being Super AMOLED.

Associate
I've got the Iphone 4 and HTC desire (i've not had any issues with the IP4 signal at all)

It depends on what you can afford/want to be honest. If cost is a factor then go with the Desire, I did play about with the Samsung Galaxy S and thought it wasn't on par with the above two phones.

You will probably find most people reccomending the phones they have, the best option is to go into a phone shop and have a go on all three, everyones taste is different!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Iphone4...it just works without you having to faff around with it..sure it lacks the customisation that you would get with the Android but for something to just pick up and go with minimum of fuss...the iphone4 is about the best you can get.

/end thread

Associate
Iphone4...it just works without you having to faff around with it..sure it lacks the customisation that you would get with the Android but for something to just pick up and go with minimum of fuss...the iphone4 is about the best you can get.

/end thread

Yeah I have to admit that's what I love about it the most. I came from a HTC touch HD so you can imagine the difference. Out of my 2 phones my Iphone gets much more time!

Back
Top Bottom