The New Cases Gallery

Associate
IMG_5661.jpg

such a lovely looking case!

Soldato
like that setup case goes well with the hifi gear
Thanks, I'm really pleased with it. Not playing games any more means I can have a powerful yet tiny pc. Great for saving floor space and moving to and from uni.
What B&W are those?
As said, they're the 601 S2's. Unfortunately you can see one of the tweeters is damaged, I have my younger brother to thank for that! Great speakers though.

Associate
Thanks, I'm really pleased with it. Not playing games any more means I can have a powerful yet tiny pc. Great for saving floor space and moving to and from uni.

As said, they're the 601 S2's. Unfortunately you can see one of the tweeters is damaged, I have my younger brother to thank for that! Great speakers though.

Nice setup :) have those speakers too, picked them off from auction site for peanuts due to the tweeters being broken by a toddler. Give B&W a call you will be suprised at the price for replacement tweeters and they also come with instructions :)

Also wrong thread for room pictures ;) - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17527914

Soldato
Ok thanks for the advice, will give them a call today!

And yeh, I know it's the wrong thread but I thought I'd throw in the picture to show how small the case is compared to everything else.

Associate
People who quote posts and include the pics again annoy me, but I will make an exception for myself in this instance.

Gunslinger: while I cannot understand why you need three optical drives I assume you do, so fair enough, my question is where did you get that mount for two slimline drives in a 51/4 slot?

sorry for the very very slow reply, must have missed this when you asked, and as i've been away i've been going back through my subscribed threads, anyway, here's the answers to your queries..

1. 3 drives, 3 different abilities, one is labelflash capable, another is DVD RAM capable, and the Plextor 760 is my main use drive (the slimline plextor is in fact a re-badged pioneer unit) i also tend to do a bit of disc to disc transferring and in that rig those drives are all on separate channels/controllers, 2 are IDE and one is SATA, so i can direct transfer from one disc to the other with minimal hit on the PC load wise and without bottlenecking the busses. They all also have different results reading damaged or scratched media, and of course have they're preference when it comes to media too

2. The twin caddy is a plextor unit, The bay (PX-DB600) comes with a dual-layer multi-format (DVD+/-R and DVD-RAM) Plextor PX-608AL for the second slot you snap out the blanking plate and install any IDE laptop drive you wish, standard 3.5" ATA/IDE sockets are on the back of the bay for connection inside your desktop, so for me if i wish to keep the 3 drive configuration, and the main 760SA plextor drive and update to BluRay i simply get a laptop drive and drop that in :)

Soldato
Cheapo Coolermaster ELite 430

I got fed up of waiting for a suitable case, ive got my eye on something but it could be another month or so before they come available anyway, I decided on a Coolermaster Elite 430, for £38 its not bad, far better than the Antec 300 in my opinion, depends on what you want i guess but the airflow is far superior with the option of upto 6 fans. Currently (not shown) i have my H50 installed in the roof sucking air in to see if it helped with temps and I think it has a little, but ive got a load of white led fans coming tomorrow so it will change a little again :). For the money its a nice case to work in, its a shame they dont give a little more room above the motherboard to allow a dual rad with fans (or even my h50 push pull) overall the best budget case ive had.

P1020953.jpg

P1020952.jpg

Soldato
Just a QQ, what is that glass top like? is it going to be able to take a lil bit of abuse(like dropping keys / placing drink / moving things)? also have you got it stuck down in any way?

Its fine, its pretty tough but it does scratch a little, ive had it a couple of years at least now and when its clean it doesnt look bad.

It just sits on the desk, its pretty heavy so isnt going to slide off :)

Associate
My Raven RVO2 at the moment. Hopeing to watercool it in the future.

i5 with H50 and 5850 with a VF-3000 installed. Nothing flash for the moment, but i have big plans in the future to really make the case shine :p

16102010198.jpg

16102010201-1.jpg

View from the my desk, really love this view couldnt go back to a normal case with a window.
16102010203.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom