So, who got what?

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Didn't know the RS-4 didn't have a clip, I was planning to do the same as theheyes and tape it up. The buck mod is a little expensive for something which should be standard imo.

Soldato
OP
I suggest you don't use the cloth part of the lens pen too many times. It will trap dirt and you will end up pushing it across the lens over and over again.

Micro fibre cloths are much better, and you can wash it too.

This man speaks the truth. After a day by the beach, my lens pen was rendered useless within a couple of hours! They're still great things to have though, especially when out and about.

Soldato
OP
Sony 50mm f1.4
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6
Sigma 24-70mm EX DG Macro f2.8

However Royal Fail didnt fail to to live upto their name and decided not to bring me the Sigma's in time. The fifty turned up though.!

I noticed in work that things sent recorded delivery from the 12th onwards started becoming very hit or miss if they got delivered. Anything after the 14th hadn't turned up as of the 24th.

Soldato
Damn, thats a nice little haul right there, you must have some very generous relations :D

Nah not really, just happily married :D. Its all from the wife but I've also added in any cash that was given to me for Xmas because that's all I'd asked for.

I noticed in work that things sent recorded delivery from the 12th onwards started becoming very hit or miss if they got delivered. Anything after the 14th hadn't turned up as of the 24th.

I'm hoping that they arrive tomorrow as they were sent Special Delivery Saturday Guaranteed on Friday but didnt turn up. :mad:

Soldato
As said above, it's rather an expensive hobby to ask people to buy things for. Having said that I put a few fun/cheap things on my wishlist, and actually my sister did rather well and paid attention to it:p

She got me a Neewer wide-angle adapter (0.45x, so turns my kit lens into a fun fisheye) and that came with a filter set. She also got me the Photojojo book which looks pretty fun.

Soldato
I asked for and got a copy of Lee Frost's "The Complete Guide to Night & Low-light Photography". Tis excellent IMHO - very well written and some stunning pictures for inspiration.

Due to extended procrastination, I still haven't decided what new rucksack I'd like my G/F to buy for me yet... Current shortlist includes the Vanguard Uprise 46/48, Kata 3N1-30, M-Rock Canyon Lands and Tamrac Evolution 8 or 9.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well Royal Fail seemed to have lost my 24-70mm. Not happy. :mad:

Fortunately for me the shop are going to claim for it separately and have sent another one out as well as including a free Hoya Pro1 82mm UV filter as a good will gesture.

Lets hope lightning does not strike twice.

Soldato
Not good for royal fail....But Nice lens. I've been hovering over a couple on fleabay that are nudging just over the £1k mark. But havn't taken the plunge yet.

I've got a 12-24 ------70-200 just need the middle one to complete the triple. Also got a 105 macro lens and a 50mm so when I get a 24-70 I can get shut of my 18-105mm

SWIMBO got me a http://www.tamrac.com/5612.htm hope its big enough

Soldato
Not good for royal fail....But Nice lens. I've been hovering over a couple on fleabay that are nudging just over the £1k mark. But havn't taken the plunge yet.

I've got a 12-24 ------70-200 just need the middle one to complete the triple. Also got a 105 macro lens and a 50mm so when I get a 24-70 I can get shut of my 18-105mm

SWIMBO got me a http://www.tamrac.com/5612.htm hope its big enough

My 24-70 aint the level of the Canon or Nikon, its only a Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 EX DG Macro but regardless I dont want it losing.!

Soldato
Don't flame me but my wife got me a tamron 18mm to 200mm lens

For when I go hiking.

I currently don't have anything sub 50mm except my cheapo 18-55 kit lens (non-IS version), but I took it out on boxing day and got some of the best photos I've ever taken. Sometimes the cheaper lenses are more than up to the job.

Doesn't that 18-200 do macro too? You'll get some great shots I'm sure. :)

Back
Top Bottom