*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
554kb/s and I am literally watching the progress bar move cm by cm.

My entire Sunday is now full. I plan on leaving work at 5:01 sharp all week.

Actually, I'm curious to see how my 2006 Macbook stands up to D3 on low graphics. This is probably the excuse I need to buy a better computer.

I'm going Monk for a bit while I explore the gameplay. Can't wait.

Soldato
Maxed out my Barbarian now, currently decked in the best gear available and he just owns face.

How do you know if you have the best available?, I've run the whole thing 3 or 4 times on my barbarian, and i think around 12 times total, ive only had 2 of them yellow coloured items drop off the skeleton king, which im guessing are the best items you can get upto now, im probably totally wrong, newbie here.

Soldato
ive only had 2 of them yellow coloured items drop off the skeleton king, which im guessing are the best items you can get upto now, im probably totally wrong, newbie here.

Depends on the item. :p

You might have a level 3 rare (yellow) item with lots of stats, but a higher level magic item (purple) with a lot more DPS would probably negate those extra stats.

Associate
How do you know if you have the best available?, I've run the whole thing 3 or 4 times on my barbarian, and i think around 12 times total, ive only had 2 of them yellow coloured items drop of the skeleton king, which im guessing are the best items you can get upto now, im probably totally wrong, newbie here.

Rares/yellows are (generally) the best items in the beta, I think it is possible to get a legandary item though (orange) however unlikely.

Pretty much everything has randomly generated stats, so unless you have a ton of your primary attribute i.e str for a barb on each piece you could get better gear.

Last thing regarding gear -- there is an NPC who sells rings with +damage, which give an INSANE boost to damage at this low level.

Soldato
DOWN AGAIN! this time without warning, think they burn't out the servers :p

Had a good run this time managed to 'complete' it with the demon hunter, so I started a wizard and was having a good time with that blue beam thing and it said something like 'game terminated'

still.. I got to go through deckard's 'old passage that he found' again :D

game is awesome :p

Soldato
Rares/yellows are (generally) the best items in the beta, I think it is possible to get a legandary item though (orange) however unlikely.

Pretty much everything has randomly generated stats, so unless you have a ton of your primary attribute i.e str for a barb on each piece you could get better gear.

Last thing regarding gear -- there is an NPC who sells rings with +damage, which give an INSANE boost to damage at this low level.

The vendors change every time i log on, so ive bought about 5 different one's so far haha.

what i don't understand about the drops in the beta is, how do i know im not running the thing 5 or 6 more times for no reason :p, im learning, slowwwwely.

also, is it best just to skip to the last quest when you farm gear, off the skeleton king.

Soldato
DOWN AGAIN! this time without warning, think they burn't out the servers :p

Had a good run this time managed to 'complete' it with the demon hunter, so I started a wizard and was having a good time with that blue beam thing and it said something like 'game terminated'

still.. I got to go through deckard's 'old passage that he found' again :D

game is awesome :p

I find the game too easy on Normal.
Wizards' blue beam of awesome just owns all.

Add in diamond skin and that awesome air based AOE and bam, nothing shall survive. :p

Soldato
How do you know if you have the best available?, I've run the whole thing 3 or 4 times on my barbarian, and i think around 12 times total, ive only had 2 of them yellow coloured items drop off the skeleton king, which im guessing are the best items you can get upto now, im probably totally wrong, newbie here.

I'm in yellow/blue crafted which is better then anything that now drops and i can craft for my level.

Ran through the first act about 13+ times, if not more.

Soldato
I'm in yellow/blue crafted which is better then anything that now drops and i can craft for my level.

Ran through the first act about 13+ times, if not more.

Can you actually get all yellow just from the beta? do the yellows only drop from the end boss, can i just skip to the last quest every time, or is it best to run through it all.

Associate
The vendors change every time i log on, so ive bought about 5 different one's so far haha.

what i don't understand about the drops in the beta is, how do i know im not running the thing 5 or 6 more times for no reason :p, im learning, slowwwwely.

also, is it best just to skip to the last quest when you farm gear, off the skeleton king.

Yeah it makes the runs a lot faster.

The best thing to do in the beta imo is just gather blues and break them down at the blacksmith to make gear, and stick when you get something with a ton of your primary attribute on it.

I wouldnt worry too much about farming though, none of this gear will last into release. Hell it probably wont last into the next beta patch.

Soldato
From my experience I would say the best gear you can get from this lvl13 beta is crafting gear apart from weapons :).

Crafted few parts with stats like +10dex +9vita +3rd random stat and 2x the armor of other stuff I could find. All the lvl9-13 crafted items seem to beat everything else u can find by miles.

I think at low lvls barbarian would be the easiest to get through and fastest to farm with, once you get that exploding rune for cleave you just kill entire waves in 1-2hits, its hilarious.

You can do leap>stun>that special hammer thing and u just killed half screen of mobs before they could hit u once.

Wizard seems to get stronger with every level tho, once you lvl11 or so its undestructable.

Monk is definitely fun to play once you get spirit rush and that rune that makes you teleport to your target with every hit - teleports with no cooldown fun, but, i find him quite squishy?? It seems to be the only character which can drop below 70% hp during boss fight.

Demon hunter seems stupid on low lvls, the damage is pathetic and you have no damaging abilities, only slows, stuns, knockbacks, leaps, invisibilty ... anything but damage - might be silly in pvp tho with all the control.

Soldato

They've done a lot to mix up the game so it's more than just boss farming over and over again. Afaik bosses will still drop great gear, but champions and elites will drop potentially the best gear, however with MF and buffs, bosses will drop loot as good as them (and more of it!).

The downside is, you'll have to get the buff to have that happen, so just skipping an entire level and killing just the boss won't net you loot as good as if you explored a level, killed 4 packs of champions/elites, got the buff, then preceded to the boss.

Nephalem Valor is only for level 60 as far as I know (and was work in progress last I looked), but there are other systems.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1126-nephalem-valor-buff/

You'd still be better skipping to the last mission and doing a few floors there before moving to the boss though. In terms of just the beta, just smash out the skelly king a few times for good weapons. :p

Last edited:
Associate
Oh dear, the next will have to be, what is ''the Buff''

*hides*:(

The idea at the level cap is you clear zones and kill packs of mobs with blue / yellow names - champion packs. Each pack gives you a stack of a buff called Nephalem Valor, which gives you boosted magic find // extra drops from bosses.

It seems to be to encourage clearing zones and then the boss. Instead of repeatedly running a specific zone for champions or a specific boss. The only thing that is relevant from this to the beta though is that champion packs may have better drops.

Last thing worth mentioning is - when you kill a boss for the first time you get better drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom