*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Who has been waiting for this game forever, it seems so close but still so far away.
What is everyone’s thorts on the vid's that have been released, the pace looks slower than number 2 but still good imo.
Also wonder when or if there is already a beta version out :)

Permabanned
Probably 90% of the users of this section of the forum have been waiting for D3 at some point or another. There's probably a few threads too.

I've watched a couple of vids that were released early on ish from its announcement but have avoided them since then, mostly due to seeing how much slagging the game is getting across the different gaming forums. It's too this, it's too that, not enough this, not enough... you get the picture.

I loved the previous two games and now i'm just content waiting for the third instalment to release and see for myself whether i'll like it or not.

Associate
OP
Probably 90% of the users of this section of the forum have been waiting for D3 at some point or another. There's probably a few threads too.

I've watched a couple of vids that were released early on ish from its announcement but have avoided them since then, mostly due to seeing how much slagging the game is getting across the different gaming forums. It's too this, it's too that, not enough this, not enough... you get the picture.

I loved the previous two games and now i'm just content waiting for the third instalment to release and see for myself whether i'll like it or not.
yeah tbh it wont be the same as d1 or d2 as they were different from each other as well. if it wanted more tactics in the game (which it proberly will) it will have to slow the combat down abit imo, although the fast combat is one of its best features.

I guess the best thing to do is not go into to much arguing about the game until it comes out.

wonder when there will be beta's thats when people will be able to properly comment on the game :)

Associate
OP
I was half expecting maybe some Diablo 3 news :(

But anyway, can't wait, needs it!.

sorry man, i did think people would think that from the title but couldent think of a non long winded way to decribe that there wasent :(

its one of the few games i have been looking forward to as most of the new stuf just aint for me tbh.

Soldato
The problem that i think will happen is that by the video and screen shots it would have been mostly made ages ago and by the time it gets released it might only be an average game with dated graphics and ideas.

Suggested title as this is misleading:

Where is Diablo 3?

Associate
OP
Game won't be out this year, but its the only PC game im looking forward to atm.

it wont or are you just guessing?
it was ment to be comming out early last year at one point....
there were rumors like 5 years ago about it but i am guessing that was eather when they just started making it or just blind rumors.

Soldato
I can almost guarantee it won't. Early-mid 2011. Starcraft 2 will be this year and Blizz will focus on that. Diablo 3 would either over take SC2 or be undermined by it. Its more economically viable for Blizzard to release Diablo 3 next year or even the year after due to the new WoW expansion.

Associate
OP
I can almost guarantee it won't. Early-mid 2011. Starcraft 2 will be this year and Blizz will focus on that. Diablo 3 would either over take SC2 or be undermined by it. Its more economically viable for Blizzard to release Diablo 3 next year or even the year after due to the new WoW expansion.

ah dam :(
they killed WoW with the first exspaction imo but i know a lot of people still love it.

its a shame but i think you might be right :(

Associate
just taken a look at the trailer for torchlight looks really good. never heard of it before tho, eather because i have been out of the loop for awhile or its new?

It's been out quite a while and I snapped it up on Steam over the Christmas sale for a couple of quid. It has a few of the Diablo 2 devs behind it so it's very much like D2 and a good dungeon crawler. Not massive like D2 but worth the money :) The beauty of it is has a netbook mode built into it so I end up playing it on the move most of the time :)

Associate
Apparently there's a Torchlight MMO due soon too, not sure how that will work though.

From what I have read it's pretty much as the single player game but just an MMO, you can see the MMO setup in the single player when you get into the towns :) From what I know the sales of torchlight depend on if the MMO see's the light of day. I could be interested but as you said, not sure how it would work, could turn out to be another generic MMO doing the same as WoW or WAR etc.

I guess free 14 day trials would be a god send to get the jist of it if the MMO ever does see the light of day :)

Permabanned
From what I have read it's pretty much as the single player game but just an MMO, you can see the MMO setup in the single player when you get into the towns :) From what I know the sales of torchlight depend on if the MMO see's the light of day. I could be interested but as you said, not sure how it would work, could turn out to be another generic MMO doing the same as WoW or WAR etc.

I guess free 14 day trials would be a god send to get the jist of it if the MMO ever does see the light of day :)

The only game of the type that's touched on how i'd imagine them being able to bridge over to MMO is Sacred 2, although it was still the usual multiplayer it was bordering on how it would need to be done. I honestly can't see Torchlight doing what's needed for the MMO part but i'll be interested to see what they do with it.

If, as you say, it was relying on the success of the single player then it's probably exceeded expectations. The game has won a bunch of awards and is quite popular it seems. Personally i found myself comparing it to Diablo and Titan Quest and not getting into it anywhere near as much as i did those.

Associate
OP
torchlight dose look good i will defo have to use the free trial when i get back from uni :)

fallout 3 is the best shooter/rpg combo i have seen so far.
but i do like the odd generic rpg games out there, what other good ones you guys play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom