*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I found this thread on the Battle.net forums about a darkening and sharpening filter.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3967848172

The screen shots look amazing, I never realised how bright and washed out D3 looked until I saw the comparisons.

Example:
BqQM4.jpg
ZIYw2.jpg

A Youtube video has been created as well:

I really hope Blizzard allow this. It doesn't appear to break any TOS but I don't think anything official has been said yet.

Associate
Just finished a monk play through and really enjoyed it, might try a barbarian again to compare. Gutted there is no paladin.

Associate
Had great fun playing this at the weekend. Think I'll probably go with a wizard at launch, which is what I usually play in ARPGs, but I found the barbarian to be great fun too and undoubtedly my choice for a melee class.

I thought the Demon Hunter was quite weak early on, particularly if you couldn't find a weapon with decent DPS. In contrast, the other classes weren't so dependent on gear for good DPS early doors.

Witch doctor was very interesting, but I don't like the aesthetics ... so will stick to the wizard for my arcane joy !

Soldato
Just going off the open beta:

I love the new skill system as compared to D2, it's great having the ability to swap skills for different enemy's/bosses.

Had fun on all the classes, except the barbarian easily the weakest in terms of DPS and speed, D2 barbarian was much better IMO

The drop rates seem a lot fairer than D2, and i suspect 100's of runs to find your own gear wont be needed this time round

Crafting is awesome, looking forward to seeing what the best of the best stuff looks like from crafting.

Soldato
I found this thread on the Battle.net forums about a darkening and sharpening filter.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3967848172

The screen shots look amazing, I never realised how bright and washed out D3 looked until I saw the comparisons.

Example:
BqQM4.jpg
ZIYw2.jpg

I really hope Blizzard allow this. It doesn't appear to break any TOS but I don't think anything official has been said yet.

I like it, it's far sharper as well giving it more detail that normal fuzzy look

Associate
Has anyone tried running the beta on an older Macbook Pro? The 2007/8 era C2Duo @ 2Ghz MBP with the 64MB nvidia card. It meets the minimum specs, but I'm curious as to how it would actually look during gameplay. Would it even be worth it?

Permabanned
Has anyone tried running the beta on an older Macbook Pro? The 2007/8 era C2Duo @ 2Ghz MBP with the 64MB nvidia card. It meets the minimum specs, but I'm curious as to how it would actually look during gameplay. Would it even be worth it?

I ran it on the c2d MBA from 2010. 2gb ram. Works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom